Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #316
Major Player

In Vegas, I would look at the project properties. I have no idea about Preemeer.
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #317
Wrangler

Hi James,

Been a while since I used version 6, but I'll do my best. I'm not quite understanding what you're seeing...is this to do with the appearance of exported footage, or actually what you are seeing in the monitor window of Premiere?

Backing up to the beginning...all DV is actually 60i; in the DV world, 30fps really just means the two fields of a frame were taken at exactly the same time, rather than at 1/60th of a second interval -- thus eliminating interlace artifact. Premiere doesn't show the individual fields in the monitor window, so both interlaced fields of a frame will appear together and depending on the motion in the frame, might or might not show visible interlace "combing." All the better editing programs have settings that allow the user to minimize interlace artifacts, such as "de-interlace" or "frame blend."

I'm going to guess that you have a de-interlace setting wrong somewhere in the mix and whenever you do something that causes Premiere to render so you can preview the result, the de-interlace is applied, giving you the impression of 30p in the monitor window.

Take a look through your project and clip settings and see if a setting may be wrong. If this idea doesn't seem to be getting you anywhere, post back with some more details.
Old February 12th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #318
Regular Crew

Hi
I can recommend the RT.X100, I bought it mainly for the real time export to DVD compliant files, the rest is a bonus.
BTW I use Encore 1.1 & 1.5, no problem.

Regards.

Peter.
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #319
New Boot

exporting times.

how come adobe premiere 6.5 processes my video soo slow? i first made this video in windows movie maker (lol). then i added some black bars likes its 16:9. but then when i export it it goes so slow? and my video is all skippy when i play it back but when i export videos from movie maker it procces it fast?
Old February 12th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #320
Regular Crew

Update:
Me & My big mouth.
Both Encore 1.1 & 1.5 have suddendly decided that trying to render motion menu`s will crash the program. go figure!

Thats what I get for bragging!

Peter.
Old February 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #321
Regular Crew

Checked. No De-interlace on.

I checked and all the de-interlaced options are off. As I said before. When I just cut footage and not change the aspect ratio, the 60i stays the same. It's when I change the aspect ratio that it starts playing back at 30fps. Any more suggestions you offer please?
Old February 12th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #322
Wrangler

It still isn't clear to me what causes you to think the footage is changed from 60i to 30p. What are you seeing on screen, and at what point in the editing process, that is telling you the footage has been interpreted from 60i to 30p?

If I understand, you're capturing 4:3, 60i footage (30fps, interlaced) and when you crop it in the timeline / monitor window of a 16:9 project so that it fills the full width, the program gives you some indication that it has de-interlaced the footage to true 30p?

Please list your capture or import settings, project settings, and export settings. Anyone else around who is using Premiere 6 and can help?
Old February 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #323
Regular Crew

My Settings

Okay it does this whether it's NTSC full screen or widescreen.

It's going at the usual frame rate of 29.97.

Microsoft DV compression.

Depth - Millions.

0.9 pixel DV ratio.

Import DV/IEEE 1394 capture.

Lastly it doesn't do this just the preview on the monitor, it exports it this way as well. It only does it when cropped though. When uncropped it stays 60i.

Plus in the clip settings section it's the only one saying "unknown"
in the RENDER section. Every other column is identical. It says FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE CAPTURE,PROJECT, AND CLIP SETTINGS SHOULD BE IDENTICAL.
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #324
Regular Crew

Hi James
What aspect was the project set up as?
I'm not an expert with Premiere, but I thought that the aspect ratio is set when you first start a new project. Once you start editing there is no way to change the aspect ratio?
Also a DV NTSC widescreen project of 720x480 frame size at 16x9 the pixel aspect ratio should be 1.2?
Old February 13th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #325
Regular Crew

Aspect ratio

It happens if the aspect ratio is 1.2 or 0.9.

I've been up all night trying to fix this but to no avail. It's really strange though it only does this when I crop the image. I'm cropping a 4:3 to a 16:9 so as to fit and it does this. Is there a problem with my software. Was Premiere having a problem with this? I'm getting frustrated. I'd like to thank everyone for being so helpful though. I appreciate the assistance and I would appreciate anymore suggestions.
Old February 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #326
Regular Crew

Fields

As said in the first reply I really think this has something to do with the fields adjustment. IS there any way to adjust the fields as I crop so as to keep the 60i.
Old February 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #327
New Boot

Lost Timeline Display Layer In 6.5

I decided this time to edit a project on my neglected 6.5 for the fun of it.

Everything was working fine until I opened my saved the project the next day and the timeline layer of adobe 6.5 wouldn't display making it impossible to continue with the project.

All I see in the backgroung was the win xp bliss screen, the effect control and the transition/video/audio control box.

What can I do to get back the lost screen layer. Already I've tried unistalling/reinstalling adobe 6.5. It wouldn't work,
Old February 13th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #328
Wrangler

I'm at a loss James. I've searched the Adobe forums for similar problems and found none, and dusted off Premiere 6.5 to do a little test with a couple of MS DV AVI clips, and no problems appear. I placed 2 MS DV AVI clips on the timeline, placed a cross dissolve, used the crop effect on the first clip, and did Timeline >> Render Work Area. Then I took a screenshot.

In Project Settings >> General... I have Editing Mode set to DV Playback.

Here's a link to the page on my web site where I have placed a screenshot of my Project Settings Viewer for this test:

http://www.geosynchrony.com/scratchpad.htm

Notice that the clip field order shows as "unknown" as it was upon import into the project...which I guess makes sense, since there's no way for Premiere to inherently "know" which field is intended to be first by the camera (even though NTSC DV is always SUPPOSED to be lower field first, there's no guarantee that the particular file is ordered that way). But for capture, Project, and Export, they all show "Lower Field First."

So I'm sorry that unless some new info comes to light, I'm unable to help you solve this problem. It doesn't seem to be a known bug in the software, but FWIW, PPro 1.5 is light years better.
Old February 13th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #329
Major Player

Audio Effects

Okay, so I shot a scene in a small theatre at my highschool against a greenscreen using a sennheiser mke300 for picking up audio. The scene is supposed to take place outside, but the audio still sounds like it was shot in a room, what effects can I apply to the audio to make it sound right, Im using premiere pro.
Old February 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #330
Regular Crew

Update 2
Just as a matter of interest I got motion menus back in Encore 1.1 by uninstalling Ulead DVD movie factory 3 disc creator.
Apparently the problem in Encore 1.5 is well known & no fix apparent at the moment, although I was able to do it before.

Regards.

Peter.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite