Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old February 17th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #361
Regular Crew

Update 3:

I read in another forum that the motion menu thing is sometimes caused by the encoding e.g. Matrox real time to disc so I imported avi as asset & it worked, further testing to be done I think.
I could live without motion menus but would rather not.
Especially now I have got the tutorial to make them in After Effects.

Regards .

Peter
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #362
Regular Crew

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 Studio Techniques

Just ordered the book Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 Studio Techniques. Has anyone used this to learn their software and does anyone recommend it. On a scale rating of 1 to 5, how helpfull is it?

Jay
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #363
Wrangler

No, although my capture window is 4:3, the 16:9 image of the footage being captured is letterboxed within it properly. Is it automatically capturing to a 24fps timeline? Which pull-down method are you using, 2:3 or 2:3:3:2?
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:12 AM   #364
New Boot

Guys,

I have been off all week, so have only just read your replies.

I want to thank you all for you're very helpfull advice - It may well save me a fortune in the long run. I came across this website by accident, and have picked up more info here, than I have pouring through magazines for the last 6 months)

I will contact Matrox today, and am now seriously considering the RTX 100, after your advice.

I see there are two versions :
Matrox RTX 100 Xtreme Pro Suite (£784.99 on dabs.com)
Matrox RTX 100 Xtreme Pro Collection (£971.99 on dabs.com)
Any comments on the difference between these two, or where i may find it cheaper (Im in the Uk.....and Ed - Small world !!).

I think I need to buy me a new system. At the mo, I have a 1.4 AMD, 512 memory, and Win98. I know i need XP to get premiere pro. I havent even got a DVD writer yet, so will need to find me one of those (but i'll save that for another post :-)

Once again, thanks for all your comments,
Richard.

ps - got me an XM2 a few weeks back, and managed to bag my way into the press end of the Bafta Awards Red carpet, in leicester square last weekend, and have got some stunning footage - It has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but I cant help mentioning it whenever I can - Compulsive show-off im afraid !!!
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:10 AM   #365
Wrangler

Hi Richard I beleive that the 'collection' edition has After effects where as the 'suite' does not have after effects.

At the video forum they were doing a special deal on the RTX 100 I think it was about £600 or less, whertehr or not the deal is still on I don't know...

You could try plaent PC:

http://www.planetdv.net/

They could also put a whole system together for you....

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #366
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Richard Hardiman : ps - got me an XM2 a few weeks back, and managed to bag my way into the press end of the Bafta Awards Red carpet, in leicester square last weekend -->>>

nice work! how you manage that, good contact or good persuasive skills ? :D
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #367
New Boot

James, I think the fact that I had,comparitevely, a large 'propper looking' camera, and the fact that the copper who was supposed to be stopping people going through was getting a roasting from his suppierior for letting a few go through, and we just slipped past.
So, got the likes of Leonardo Dicaprio, Martin Scorsese and Pierce Brosnan less than two feet away from the camera......

Thanks Ed - Will have a look at PlanetDV. Whats the 'video forum' ???
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #368
RED Code Chef

I haven't heard of it yet. So hopefully you can let us know how it is!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old February 18th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #369
Wrangler

The video forum is an exhibition to do with Video, for Video makers, producers etc. The likes of Avid, Matrox, Pinnacle and a whole load of other industry players exhibit to show off their latest 'creations'. This year it was held at Earls Court at the end of January. Next ones not until Next year...

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #370
Regular Crew

Pete, my footage was 16:9 / 24P / 2:3 . My capture screen is in 16:9 when I open the capture window - but my footage preview is squeezed so that the left and right sides of the capture screen are seen with black vertical lines.

WHen I finish capturing, the footage looks OK on the main project screen, but I am concerned that I am loosing resolution during the capture phase if it is squeezed first.

Since I don't have experiance wih 16:9 capture, I just wanted to know if this was the way the capture screen should look or if footage preview should appear in proper 16:9 .
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:20 PM   #371
Regular Crew

Hi
I can recommend Planet DV, I took my RT2500 into there for upgrade to RT.X100, swapped it there & then.
Already had the software, so just got card & drivers.
Went to them for 2 of their demo evenings.

Regards.

Peter.

BTW got over My motion menu problems by disabling WYSIWYG output to TV from matrox settings
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #372
Wrangler

I just shot a short test widescreen 24pA (2:3:3:2) test clip with my XL2 and captured it. My PPro 1.5 capture window has a fixed 4:3 black foreground. Prior to rolling tape and during the initial seek, the capture window stretches the widescreen image overlay to fill the 4:3 capture window, but as soon as it starts actually capturing, the widescreen image slims down properly within the window, leaving black bars above and below as you'd expect. The video plays properly within the program and exported to a 720p24 WMV file just fine.

I think all that is going on here is that the widescreen flags aren't being read off the tape until the capture begins.

Incidentally, I had a new little problem appear that is mentioned in Adobe's PPro forums: my DV Device Capture Options dialog box had drop-down boxes with missing drop-downs! As stated in the forum, the lists exist but just aren't visible...just type in the setting you want and it'll auto-complete. I just updated my ATi9800 video drivers, so that is most likely where that new little annoyance roosts.
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #373
Trustee

It really isn't designed to help you learn the software. It is to enhance the knowledge of the basics you already possess. It isn't really for raw beginners.

But it is a cool book. Check for my name in the index! I didn't know about it until the book arrived.
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #374
Regular Crew

PIP in premeir?

i dont know if it exists or not, but i was wondering if premier has a picture-in-picture effect in it. i dont have it if it does. i dont know if its a plug-in or what, but i figured yall could help me out with some answers....any responses would be appreciated.
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:37 PM   #375
Trustee

Assuming you are using Premiere Pro....load two clips, one on top of each other, in the timeline.

Then in the monitor window, use your mouse to drag and resize the top clip to the size to you want it to be for your PiP sequence.

Adjust audio tracks accordingly, then render. No plugin required.

Did that help?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite