Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 48 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2005, 04:51 AM   #706
RED Code Chef

It's better to get your camera serviced and have them mask that pixel.
Otherwise it is probably a very tedious manual job. I'm not using Premiere
anymore, so can't tell you if it would have such a feature.

In theory all you need to do is blend the pixel with some surrounding pixels,
if you can get a filter to do this small enough and always at that spot you
should be done.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:30 AM   #707
Trustee

I don't know of any plugin for Premiere Pro that will do this. But I do know that After Effects has a clone stamp tool (aka Photoshop's clone tool) that you can use to clone pixels and repair images. It has some options to help automate cloning so that it isn't as tedious as it sounds. Of course it depends on the footage as well. If your camera was locked down it will be easier than if it was moving.
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #708
Wrangler

Should be able to do a blur to hide the pixel -- if nothing else, could just duplicate the clip onto another layer, blur, and make all but that spot transparent.
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM   #709
Regular Crew

Vritualdub and Logoaway filter

Virtualdub and the Logoaway filter can also do an intelligent blurring.
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #710
Trustee

Just make a track matte, or image matte, and use it. Put a second copy of the clip above the original. move it one pixel to the right or left, and use the same matte in every project until you get it fixed.
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #711
Major Player

You could try "RE:Fill"

http://www.revisionfx.com/rfil.htm
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #712
New Boot

Yes I agree...trial and error is the best method to acheive a desired effect...

And I know what you are talking about with shaking the set for the actors to realistically move...but in my case I plan on shooting a scene where a car speeds by the camera and the camera sorta rocks left and right to give a greater feeling of speed..(similar to, dare I say, the Fast and Furious "movies")

I will definatly try out different things though to acheive the desired result.

Thanks for all your comments and help!
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #713
Regular Crew

Capturing Problems

I am using Premiere Pro 1.5

When using batch capture, the tape will move to the proper location and I can see the clips with audio being played and the software capturing. It seems to be capturing properly, however once capturing is completed, when I play the video, its all rainbowed but the audio is good.

In the past, I've manually (non batch) captured before and it worked fine, but even now, manual and batch will not work and I don't know why its not working now.
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:11 AM   #714
Wrangler

Hi Joe,

I've never come across this sort of problem. There are some things that you might want to try. In no particular order:

1. Try the tape in a different camera
2. Try a different tape
3. Try a different Firewire cable
4. Try a different Firewire card
5. Re-install Premiere
6. Check to see if it works OK with Windows Movie Maker
7. Check to see if your video file plays back OK with Windows Media Player

How are you monitoring your footage, through your TV, or just on your PC monitor?

What do you mean by "rainbowed"? I presume you mean its record the footage in different colours than expected?

Hope this helps. Please post back your results,

Thanks

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 20th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #715
Regular Crew

Capture problems

The tape plays fine in multiple TVs and plays fine on the Capture portion of Adobe Premiere. As it is capturing, the video plays fine, however when I play the saved file that I have just captured is what is completely pixelated in colored snow (nothing can be made out), but the audio is heard just fine.

So I decided to save the files onto my C: drive rather than my other harddrive. It captured fine, and this time it works,and also when I play the avi file on windows media player it plays just fine.

i'd really like it to work on my 2nd harddrive (D:)

some more info:

all these files that I batch captured to my 2nd harddrive (D:) that do not play.....well, when I transfer them to my C: they play just fine.

any thoughts?
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:02 AM   #716
Wrangler

How strange????

Lets try and pull Premiere out of the equation. If you capture using Windows Movie Maker to your D: drive is the file it creates "rainbowed"?

If the answer is yes, then it would suggest maybe that the problem is with something else, which is not releated to Premiere. (Possibly harddrive, Firewire card, or maybe something completly different???).

If the answer is no, then it would suggest that Premiere is skewing up the file on capture.

Let us know how you get on.

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #717
Regular Crew

capturing problems

i captured using windows movie maker and saved the file to my 2nd harddrive (D:) which resulted in the same problem......snowy (colored) video.

But when I save to my C: harddrive, it works just fine.
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #718
Wrangler

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info.

So it looks like that the problem is not to do with Premiere, as the same thing happens in Movie Maker.

So its looking as though its the disk that is causing the problem. But why, I do not know. Or maybe its the codec?

I guess there could be an outside chance that it is the firewire card?

I guess on the disk front you could try, defraging, and checking for errors on the disk?

You could maybe try un-installing and re-installing codecs, specifly the Microsoft DV codec (that is if you are runing premiere on its own???)?

You might also want to try a different firewire card?

Have you done anything differently to your system, whihc might have caused this problem? i.e. installed/ un-installed any software or hardware?

Thanks,

Old April 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #719
Major Player

any adobe premer. pro users?

i just picked it up. a lot better from the pinnacle s**t i was using. a lot more confusing. still getting used it to. but it seems simular to my partners final cut pro....

any tips?
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:20 PM   #720
Trustee

It is fairly similar to FCP. There are advantages and disadvantages in both applications.

Drop by my site for lots of links to tutorials and other resources. There are a lot of us out there.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite