Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #751
Major Player

I would make the letters in a photoshop document and import them as a still (make the letters white).

Also, make a pure black frame the same size

Put your letter so nthe timeline, then put the black above it.

Now keyframe the black layer across the white layer to reveal the letter sunderneath (like moving a black peicec of paper across a transparent one on an overhead projector).

On the letters layer, apply a luminance key, and place your footage below that layer. so you key out the white and it will shoe to footage underneath...

Simple enough
Old April 26th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #752
Regular Crew

Crazy titles in Adobe

Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could make titles like the ones shown in the opening of Se7en or something like the quick moving titles of this trailer in Adobe Preimere.
http://www.usd346.k12.ks.us/media/trailer.mov

If not, are there any type of Adobe add ons I could use, which are not too hard to use?

Thanks.
Old April 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #753
Major Player

I have a feeling that After Effects is going to be the program you are going to want for this type of work. Although if someone has a nice solution for using Premiere in this manner I would be open to it...
Old April 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #754
Tourist

Zooming into video

Hi,

I have a project I am working on that is being shot on Mini DV with Canon GL2 and XL1s cameras. The goal is to zoom into some of the video to get closer to the action in slow motion. This is a hunting video and idealy we would optically zoom in but in the heat of a hunt its just not feasable.

The problem is that as you zoom into the video useing the EFFECT CONTROLS/FIXED EFFECTS/MOTION/SCALE property in Premeire Pro 1.5 you loose resolution and the video pixelation leaves you with a ugly picture. Is there a plug in or do you know a technique to clear up / clean up the video so it looks closer to full resolution.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old April 26th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #755
Trustee

Sorry. There are only just so many pixels to go around. And software is not good at making 320X240 (a 200% zoom) pixels look good at 720X480. Each pixel is multiplied by four.

If you shot with HDV in a DV project, you could zoom in 200% or more and be OK because you started with more pixels than you needed.

What you are asking just isn't possible without a serious loss of quality. The television shows where they increase the resolution magically are just fiction.

One possibility is to do it one frame at a time. There is special software for this. Expensive, but it exists. I doubt it would make good video though.
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #756
Trustee

Simple enough, just time consuming and tedious work.

You need to create each title at the maximum size it will be shown, then get to work on the motion keyframes combining scale and position. You may even want two copies set up the same way but nudged one frame apart sometimes, and a few frames higher or lower sometimes.

Tedious work.
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #757
Regular Crew

Steven is correct. With DV resolution you have very little to play around with and it gets extremely difficult to get good quality images. Your one option would be to apply Gaussian Blur to enhance the quality of the image a little bit.
Old April 26th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #758
New Boot

That was simple, thanks! :)
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #759
Regular Crew

Create MPEG4 with Mp3 with Adobe 6.5???

Hello,

How can I create mgeg4 or 2 with MP3 sound track with Adobe 6.5

Are there any plug-ins without getting out of 6.5?

Or do I have to export file and go to other encoder?

I'm looking at 320x240 internet stream

Thanks
Mike
Old April 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #760
Regular Crew

There is no sweet third party program that can be added onto preimere??
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #761
Regular Crew

Adobe Premiere & After Effects Work Mix

Hi,

I just wanted to share a little frustration. I am not sure whether it is born out of me using the tools incorrectly, or the tools not providing everything I need. Let me explain....

I started out using Premiere Pro, and it was great. Simple and easy. I then got hold of After Effects. It was a great addition. I done my editing in Premiere and fx in AE. It worked well, and my understanding of both programs has grown....

However the way that I now use the programs has changed dramatically. All I use Premiere for now is capturing the DV material, and I do all editing, effects, color correcting, etc., in AE. Somehow my intuition tells me that is not right but it's the most flexible and productive environment? It's not like the material I produce is full of effects, but the flexibility of the software is great.

The only thing that AE is missing is decent audio editing like Premiere.

Has anyone else travelled the same path or am I all alone??

Secondly, are there any other NLE's out there that have great Audio capabilities like Premiere (ie. VST plugin support etc.) + excellent effects with great support for a wide range of plugin's?

Thanks

Robert

Cheers

Robert
Old April 27th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #762
Regular Crew

Media encoder presets

Does anyone know why in the 720 24p 10mbps vbr the frame size is 1280 x 720? It looks great for being stretched to that size. Should I be rendering my mpegs at that size? I mean it is a preset so it must some use. Up until now I have just been using a custom one I changed.
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #763
Regular Crew

disc cleanup

when using cakewalk sequencing applications, there is a feature called 'disc cleanup' that searches your hard drive for all source files that are no longer used by any of your projects. it provides you with a list of obsolete files that you can then preview and choose to delete if they are surplus to requirements.

is there a similar application for premiere? i can't find it on any of the pull-down menus.
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #764
Trustee

Sure! It is called "Adobe After Effects".

Seriously, there may be third party plugins, but I have not seen any for the effect you require.
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #765
Regular Crew

premiere pro 1.5 has a specific tool for that purpose: project manager.
It allows you to trim the project and delete all the exceding files or copy the new trimmed version to a new location. It also automatically trims your sources to the used lenght in the project.
I think this feature has been there since the pro 1.0 but not shure since lately I've been using Edius 3 with better results (and it also as a consolidate project feature similar to the project manager in premiere)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite