Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 54 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #796
Regular Crew

Large image imports crashing Premiere

Is there any particular reason why Premiere 6.5 crashes when I try to import images that are 1024x768? I want to resize them within Premiere but it crashes every time I try to import them. Is this normal? If so, what is the maximum image resolution that can be imported without it crashing?
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:31 AM   #797
RED Code Chef

The best way to go between the two programs is uncompressed AVI (ie,
select "none" for the codec). However, this creates large files. If that (really)
is a problem I would simply go with DV AVI files (later versions of After Effects
should support that I think).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:00 AM   #798
Regular Crew

Hi
If You want to import large pictures into 6.5 & scroll around & zoom in with no loss of quality, a program called "Moving Picture 5" is the one to use.
Recently started using it Myself, tho not a lot yet.
Installs as a plug in.
6.5 is supposed to resize "on the fly" I think, but I`ve always, before had to rezize to 720x576(I`m in PAL land) before importing to 6.5.
Or it would crash more often than not.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Peter.
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:58 AM   #799
Trustee

To go from Premiere Pro to After Effects, I assume you are exporting as Cineform AVI? Or are you using MainConcept's HD plugin?

If Cineform, do you have Aspect HD? Or just PPro 1.5.1?

It makes a big difference in the answer.

If you have Aspect HD then I suggest exporting it back in a Cineform AVI so you don't have to render in Premiere Pro. If you don't, the the Quicktime Animation codec will do the job just fine. And you can even have an alpha channel if needed.
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:04 PM   #800
Regular Crew

Trouble with bad previews

When I preview my work in Premiere 6.02 by clicking the play button on the monitor window, the playback is all stuttery.

Also when I want to render a preview, it takes forever (about 5 minutes for 10 seconds of footage).

Are there any project settings that I should be using to make previewing and rendering previews faster?

I'm running a P4 2.8GHz with 512 MB of RAM.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:46 AM   #801
Wrangler

Hi Matt,

Have you got lots of effects on your clip you are trying to render? The more effects, the longer it'll take to render!

Can you give us any more details about what you are doing?

Cheers

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:29 PM   #802
Major Player

thanks so much. i just put togther a little video for my cousin. just something i can build off of. but i feel like i did a good job just learning with it.

i usally just shoot the film and my partner edits. i've been trying to learn.

anyone know where i can uplaod it so you guys can check it out?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:10 PM   #803
Regular Crew

PP to Encore problems-Noob

I am running the trial version of these programs and don't have many days left and I am done beating my head over the non-helpful help files that come with these programs so I am here to ask you this. Why after I capture my video in PP and go through and make my clips (and renaming them to match the scene) doesn't Encore see my new named clips from the project? As far as I can tell, all it sees is the original .avi files that were from the original capture. It doesn't see my updated project with the new named .avi's.
Please help.
jb
late
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM   #804
Trustee

It is impossible for Encore to see the wrong files. It sees what you told it to see. So I suspect that you have confused the file names or the directory somehow.

You exported a new AVI out of Premiere Pro. right? And put it into a separate directory. And imported the AVIs from that new directory as timelines. Tight?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM   #805
Trustee

When you rename a clip inside a Premiere Pro project the clip retains it's original name on the hard drive. This is stated in the manual (and would be in the help file) under "Naming, finding and deleting Project window items" in the "Working with Projects" chapter:

"Whenever you rename, edit, or delete a clip in Premiere Pro, the original file and filename remain untouched on your hard disk."

And as Mr. Gotz said, you would normally export your project from Premiere Pro as an avi (or MPEG-2) file before working with it in Encore DVD.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:52 PM   #806
Major Player

It really sucks to have to buy a plugin for $500 just for secondary color correction...

It should come as a standard feature. I think Vegas 5 has it, why not PPro?

I'm starting to wonder what other features I'm missing from Vegas...
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM   #807
Trustee

Dave,

Have you taken a look at the RGB tonal range in the Color Corrector? You can set the Gamma, Pedestal and Gain of each channel (Red, green & blue) as well as the Curves for each. And of course, the HSL settings are available to you.

What is it that you find inadequate about them?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #808
Major Player

Thanks Steve, but that will not do what I desire. Say, I change the Red gain, it will affect all colors that have red, including white, yellow, etc.

What I want is to change the hue/saturation of a particular tonal range, like if I chose yellows it will only affect 'yellowish' tones, and leave all others alone (including white).

I know Photoshop allows you to do this on all primary colors, but haven't been able to find this feature in PPro.

From what I've heard, Vegas automatically generates an alpha mask for the chosen color range and updates it on a per-frame basis.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:41 PM   #809
Inner Circle

Chroma key might work if you can key out yellow.

An inelegant solution, but it may work.

I don't like Color Finesse's secondary CC function that much, but at least it gives you a secondary color corrector.
Vegas and Final Cut both have (better) secondary color correctors.

Quote:
I think Vegas 5 has it, why not PPro?
I'm not really sure, because Final Cut has it and Premiere Pro tries to mimic Final Cut in so many ways. As well, the Apple website touts the benefit of its 3-way color corrector.

My guess is that Adobe didn't think it was a priority, or that secondary color correction is hard to program for if you want hardware acceleration for it (or if you want backwards compatibility with old hardware acceleration cards).
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:47 PM   #810
Trustee

Dave,

You might want to try the Color Replace effect.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite