Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 71 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 12th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #1051
Regular Crew

Nested Sequence - Playback is jerky during transitions

I'm using adobe premiere pro 1.5
windows xp, service pack 1
2 gigs of ram
2 striped 240 gig raids
3.4ghz
Matrox Parhelia APVe
Matrox RTX.100 Extreme Pro

Now, I've created a sequence (sequence 1) with disolves from one scene to the next. When playing it on the timeline, it plays smooth..

BUT, when I create a new sequence (let's call it sequence 2), and add sequence 1 to it, the video on sequence 2 plays smooth until it gets to a transition (disolve). It kind of studders for a second (maybe 1 frame) and then continues on through the disolve smoothly.

It doesn't need to be rendered and when exporting to dvd, it plays the same when when I nest a sequence... Smooth until it gets to the transition, then studders for a frame, and the continues on smoothly until it gets to the next transition... and so on and so on...

Has anyone experienced this behavior? I'm kind of thinking it has something to do with the matrox cards. On my other computer system, AMD 3200+ with 1 gig of ram, I can nest sequences and it performs perfect...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric
Old June 12th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #1052
Regular Crew

You mention exporting to DVD. Have you tested an export to plain old AVI?

I too had this problem, but never after exporting. I'd have to do some testing, but I think the problem also went away one or two RTX100 driver build updates ago. Have you updated your Matrox drivers lately?

Also check the Matrox forums. Matrox tech support is not stellar, but I've had a lot of help from other users on the forum.

For a workaround in the meantime, you can import your MTX project into a new standard PPro project. Then export. Yeah, rendering. Sometimes we can't avoid it.
Old June 13th, 2005, 06:25 AM   #1053
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Sisson
Thanks everyone for your great replies to my question. They are very helpful. I am still new to Premiere Pro so it is great to have people that are willing to give of their time and knowledge to help people like me. I really appreciate it.

Nate
In Premiere Pro, use the shadow feature to add the glow. Use the color wht, use the angle to place the shadow directly behind the text, then use the spread ( I think that's what it's called) to "spread out" the shadow. This will give it a feathered look.

Good Luck.
Old June 13th, 2005, 06:40 AM   #1054
Regular Crew

24P in Premiere using Matrox

I currently am using the Matrox RTX100 with Premiere Pro 1.5. I placed a 24p clip in the timeline but am unable to view this clip on my tv monitor. So my question is: can you use 24p footage in Premiere Pro while using the Matrox?

Thanks.

Linda
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #1055
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Sorry, RTX100 does not support 24p. There are no plans to add 24p support.

gary
Old June 13th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #1056
Regular Crew

It does this on the timeline and will do it when I export to any format.

I don't have hotfix 1 or 2 installed so maybe that might be the problem... I'll have to try and install hotfix 2 tonight and see what happens...

Eric
Old June 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #1057
Major Player

I have the exact same intermittent problem using the Matrox RTX100.
I'm afraid that I haven’t found a fix either.

Sorry to hear someone else is having problems too.
Old June 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #1058
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kampia
The NTSC size will cut down on rendering, provided that your images are only 72ppi. If they are more (150, 300), then you might as well nto have resized them.
You're saying that if my original pictures were ~ 72 ppi I should resize them, but if they are around 150 or 300 ppi I shouldn't? Why is that?

Quote:
Either way, you can just check the box in Project settings-> General to "scale clips to project dimensions" and you don't need to do any resizing prior to import. (Just re-import your stills if they are already in Premiere).
I assume that it will fill the rest of the area behind the picture with a black screen?

Thanks for responding so quickly! :)
Old June 13th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #1059
Regular Crew

Quote:
Have you updated your Matrox drivers lately?
Can you do me a favor and check your driver date and version in your systems hardware config for your matrox rtx.100 card?

Thanks,

Eric
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #1060
Major Player

Here's the diagnostic test. Try your project with no hardware support. I have been working for over a year now with no 3rd party real-time card. I have yet to find a reason to go back. O.K. once in while the really neat page curls I am without can be inticing, but then I think about the creative muscle I have since installing AFX and I wake up.
So far I have nested 4 layers deep with no affect on the final output.
Old June 13th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #1061
Regular Crew

Adobe flaw puts PCs at risk

http://news.com.com/Adobe+flaw+puts+...ml?tag=cd.lede

A flaw in several of Adobe Systems' popular graphics design applications could expose users to hacker attacks, the software maker has warned.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=2955

This update addresses a potential vulnerability in the Adobe License Management Service, which is installed with various Adobe products that require product activation. It affects only computers running Windows®. Note that Adobe is not aware of any report of malicious code that exploits this vulnerability, but Adobe wants to be proactive by providing users with a simple mechanism to protect their systems.
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:23 AM   #1062
Wrangler

David,
Thanks for posting this; I had just cruised Adobe's site this weekend and didn't run into this. ALL of us who use any Adobe application that requires Product Activation (including Photoshop CS and PPro) need to run this patch!
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #1063
Major Player

Eric, i think your solution is:

In PPro, go to Project > Project Settings > Video Rendering and uncheck Optimize Stills.

When you are exporting to avi make sure to uncheck Optimize Stills as well.

/Roger
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #1064
Major Player

I would check out the forums for the RT.X100
http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx100/ultimatebb.cgi

Some users have been able to fake it and trick the matrox preset to doing 24p or something along those lines.. I would search their for more information. But Gary is right, it doesn't support 24p.
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:19 AM   #1065
Major Player

Ed pretty much covered everything..

basically if you have alot of fades or other action sequences the higher bitrate is needed, I believe I read somewhere if you have a black screen with simple white title it only needs .5Mb for good quality.. So VBR will go through your video twice and select the best bitrates for each scene.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite