Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 74 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #1096
Regular Crew

Equalizing audio, white balancing, and "clipping" bright areas.

I videotaped some interviews and am finding problems during post.

Some people spoke loud and clear, while others were soft and barely audible. Is there an easy way to equalize the audio of all the clips in the sequence?

During the videotaping session, the lighting changed. Is there an easy way to equalize the white balance of all the clips in the sequence?

Lastly, in some of the segments the Sun is shining on the floor. Is there a simple way to "clip" the brightest areas while not darkening the rest of the image?

Thanks!

ps. I'm using Premiere Pro 1.0

Last edited by Ming Dong; June 20th, 2005 at 05:47 PM. Reason: adding version of software
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #1097
Tourist

Waveform will not display

I am having a problem with my canon xl2 and premiere pro.The waveform is not visible on tracks I have captured to Premiere Pro 1.5 using my canon xl2. The waveform is visable on tracks I have captured using a sony handycam. What settings have I altered that are causing my problems. I have taken video that has been recorded on the canon and placed the tape in the sony and captured it to Premiere Pro but I still have no waveforms visible. I need to be able to view the waveforms in order to sync two videos.
Old June 21st, 2005, 02:35 AM   #1098
Wrangler

Hi David,

A few silly things to llok out for:

1. is it still conforming the audio? if so it won't display a waveform until its done?

2. Have you zoomed in on the timeline?

3. Have you captured Audio?

This should have nothing to do with the XL2 tape, provided you did record some sound?

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:14 AM   #1099
RED Code Chef

If your camera does not support pass-through it may support something else.
Set the camera in VCR mode, connect the analog lines, hit record on the
camera and then play on the VHS. If you see picture on the camera all should
be well.

When done, stop everything. Rewind the tape and then capture the tape to
your computer in the normal way (the signal is now DV).

The only difference with pass-through is that you can do it without going
to tape first (which did not work on the Canon XL1S for example, while my
method above did work).

Otherwise you will need to look into:

1. analog capture cards (some TV cards can do this as well)

2. a DV deck with analog in/out

3. a analog <-> DV convertor like the Canopus ADVC range of products

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 21st, 2005, 05:37 AM   #1100
Regular Crew

Can you turn off autoplay after rendering

I am using Premiere Pro 1.5 and one thing that I can not stand is when you render a timeline, once it completes the render, it automatically starts playing the timline from the beginning. Is there any way to turn this off. I have searched this forum and the software and can not find anything. Anyone else annoyed with this...is there a way to turn it off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:28 AM   #1101
Major Player

Hi!

Go to Edit > Preferences > General and unchek "Play work area after rendering previews".

/Roger
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:49 AM   #1102
Inner Circle

uve got different options available.. if ur using prem pro, grab a matrox rtx100.. super smooth @ 37% lower and u start to notice.. however if ur happy to run a competitive program, grab a copy of vegas
on teh clip, just go to properties, select reduce interlace flicker and turn on the force resample.. u can get it down to about 10% (lowest ive tried) and still get super smooth motion.. just add a sharpening filter when ur doing it... oh and u can also supersample it so teh interpolated fields/frames are clean
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:19 AM   #1103
Regular Crew

Thanks Roger,

I swear, I have gone into the edit preferences so many times looking for a setting like that and evidently I have missed it everytime. Just goes to show that you can miss things right in front of your face. I will try it when I get back to my editing computer as I am at work right now. Thanks again....although I am a little embarassed.
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:56 AM   #1104
Regular Crew

Your GL2 supports pass-thru, VCR --> GL2 --> Computer (via Firewire or 1394)
See page 103 of your GL2 instruction manual for details

Last edited by Ming Dong; June 22nd, 2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:25 PM   #1105
Trustee

Premier Pro 1.5 and O/S Support

Can anyone confirm if the new Premier Pro 1.5 version is supported by Windows 64 bit O/S? I am now using the 64 bit O/S platform on the Dell 670 Precision Workstation and unfortunately, a rep from the Sony Media Softare website advised me they do not have 64 bit support yet. That just might be what is causing my Vegas 6.0b crashes.

Is Premier Pro 1.5 64 O/S friendly?
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM   #1106
Regular Crew

PPro 4:4:4 Output ??

Hi,

Forgive me if what I write doesn't make complete sense as I am still learning, but I have a few questions I hope people might be able to answer.

I capture all footage in DV via firewire from my camcorder. In PP I will also have other footage types ie. uncrompressed RGB (output from After Effects), and I will also apply some effects to the DV footage, and do some color correction.

At the moment I use a TV to help with the color correction, connected via firewire->camcorder->composite out. I know TV isn't the best, and I am looking at getting a broadcast monitor. The broadcast monitor is going to be a great improvement, however its still not ideal as it will be displaying 2nd generation DV, thus color correction may be off. Ie. Here is an example workflow of what I think is happening when I do a simple color correction in Adobe, and preview via firewire.

1. DV Footage(4:2:0 YUV)->
2. Uncompressed via DV Codec to 4:4:4 YUV (Adobe's native env)->
3. Apply Correction in YUV Space->
4. Render uncompressed 4:4:4(YUV)->
5. Compress via DV Codec 4:2:0 YUV->
6. Firewire transfer->
7. Uncompress via Camcorder DVCodec (4:2:0 YUV)->
8. Output via composite

Is there anyway to take the output of stage 4 and output that directly to a broadcast monitor?

Can someone confirm to me also that PP uses 4:4:4 YUV as it's native environment?

Thanks

Robert
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:48 PM   #1107
Inner Circle

If you're mastering on mini-DV, you might as well preview your video via firewire with DV compression. It's going to end up that way anyways.

2- Your computer monitor shows "4:4:4" RGB (not YUV).

3- DV compression generally doesn't affect color accuracy at all. It does affect color 'resolution'- some things may look a little chunky, or colors on motion may be off.

I can't tell the difference between 2nd and 1st generation DV compression.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 12:44 AM   #1108
Regular Crew

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.

I will be mastering to at a minimum DVD/MPEG2.

Your correct saying my computer monitor is 4:4:4 RGB, but before it reaches the monitor PP has done all it's calculations in 4:4:4 YUV. A color space transformation is done to RGB is done for the computer monitor. It's well known the differences between a broadcast monitor a computer monitor ie. color gamut's and color spaces. So ideally I want to do my color correction on a broadcast monitor. I dont' want to do my color correction on broadcast monitor where the material has gone through ->

4:4:4 YUV -> DV Compression to 4:2:0 YUV->Firewire xfer->Camcorder DV Uncompress->YUV Composite

The virtue of the DV Compression/Uncompression and subsampling reduces the color noticibily. Because I will be editing in a 4:4:4 YUV environment, it would be good to be able to see that as an output.

I have found one place that sells a card that may help my troubles @ http://www.bluefish444.com. Are there any other options?

Cheers

Robert
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:10 AM   #1109
RED Code Chef

It's not specifically listed here: http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 22nd, 2005, 06:38 AM   #1110
Trustee

I thought I saw it on an ad in DV Magazine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite