Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 76 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #1126
Regular Crew

I kinda remember someone telling me that they had no problem running premiere on a 64os. Did 1.5.1 address any of that?
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #1127
Trustee

premiere pro 1.0 was full of bugs, yet adobe still charged it's customers for the "upgrade" to premiere pro 1.5... it should have been free, released as a bug fix.

not a good track record to be making any assumptions on.
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #1128
Wrangler

Hi dan,

I'm a bit confused.

do you have a picture whihc you can post online somewhere of the problem?

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #1129
Wrangler

Its something that I would [i[not[/i] generally recommend.

Main reason being:

Say for instance you are browsing the internet, or looking at some video clip through windows explorer. Explorer is pretty prone to hanging. As it hangs it eats up the CPU usage. This will then in turn cause Premiere to abort capture, or start dropping frames. This could happen with any other program.

Thats why you will find that most dealers of NLE products will advise you not to run anything in the background (including screensavers and Anti virus) while capturing, editing or exporting.

If it were me I would not do it. The last thing you need is a 1 hour long capture to become currupt...

Cheers,

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #1130
Wrangler

Hello Saturnin,

The Radeon card you have is a Graphics Card! This is only used to display your windows interfaces, on a VGA/ DVI monitor. If you wish to see video on your TV monitor then you can:

1. If your camcorder supports it you can do DV>analogue passthough. Simply hook up your Dv camera to your firewire port and connect your tv to the RCA phono on your camcorder. Make sure Premiere is set to Firewire (DV) Preview in settings.

2. By a Capture card that has analogue out, which support Premiere Pro (Matrox RTX.10/ 100 etc)

This sort of question has appeared before.

Thanks,

Old June 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #1131
Regular Crew

Font Test

Well my test to add new fonts, downloaded from the internet, failed. The system couldn't read the fonts.

I'm looking for several "script" types of fonts. I'm shocked that Premiere only includes one lousy script font.

Is there a software CD where I can get fonts for Premiere?

Thanks
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #1132
Regular Crew

Old 8MM Tape To DVD workflow

I have allot of old 8MM tapes I'm converting to DVD and I'm wondering what workflow you all use like adding contrast or another filter. I'm using Premiere 1.5 and just wondering what everyone uses when they convert their old 8MM tape's. Thank's for any input you all can give.

Chad
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #1133
Regular Crew

While all advice to be cautious should be well heeded, a beefy enough system can handle it. This, again, is from personal experience. I've captured scores of tapes using all methods (batch, scene detect, straight through) and gone into other apps (like some heavy-duty Photoshop work) without a single dropped frame.
That's just me though. (Dual 2.8 Xeon, 2GB Ram, Matrox RTX.100 for capture, Raid 0 video storage--to capture to, WD Raptor for OS & apps). Maybe this would wreak havoc with some other systems. But I think I've given PPro 1.5's background cap feature an adequate torture test.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #1134
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Euritt
premiere pro 1.0 was full of bugs, yet adobe still charged it's customers for the "upgrade" to premiere pro 1.5... it should have been free, released as a bug fix.

not a good track record to be making any assumptions on.
What really angers me is that they pretty much stopped supporting 1.0, expecting everyone to upgrade to 1.5. For instance, they never released a "fix" for the XP SP2 compatability problems in 1.0, that were fixed in 1.5.

Not everyone needs the HD support in 1.5, so Adobe should continue to support the 1.0 users (with updates/bug fixes).
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #1135
Wrangler

This sentiment has been expressed before:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=34987

I'd half-agree with Dan: Adobe should have continued support of v1.0 at least for a while, since v1.5 wasn't free (although an inexpensive upgrade in relation to the cost of the software). But the feature enhancements in 1.5 were good value for dollar even if one doesn't want the HDV capability that was added in the free 1.5.1 update.

If you're unhappy enough with any product, you can always vote with your wallet. Consumer's choice! We shall see in due course what sort of upgrade Adobe offers us.
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #1136
Major Player

thanx

wicked...yah i know my card isnt made for video capture only ...i use to work on a dp(something..cant rember the name) card back in the late 90's.
Ok i'll try to see if i can run it via the camera or my sony deck....
it runs great..thank you for your help....
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #1137
Major Player

Transition Settings

I have a quick question, I've messed with some setting, but I don't have a understanding of what they do so I can't get it to work.

When I apply a transition (cross dissolve) sometims the previous scene shows up. It's a quick shot of the previous scene then it jumps to the current scene. Then I have to go in and ripple edit the scene to shorten it, it's not a big deal, but if there's a way to tell premiere pro not to go back for a transition it would help me out a lot.

Also is there a way to do a batch render, more then 1 sequence at once?

Thanks,
Todd
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:15 PM   #1138
Regular Crew

No batch render yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Kivimaki
No. Unfortuntately, that feature was "lost" when Premiere Pro came out and it has yet to return.
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #1139
Trustee

Adobe usually releases new program versions on 18 month cycles, so we're due for a new Premiere Pro release sometime this fall. The free upgrade window extends back one month from when the new version is announced.
Old June 24th, 2005, 09:29 PM   #1140
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Kivimaki
I have a quick question, I've messed with some setting, but I don't have a understanding of what they do so I can't get it to work.

When I apply a transition (cross dissolve) sometims the previous scene shows up. It's a quick shot of the previous scene then it jumps to the current scene. Then I have to go in and ripple edit the scene to shorten it, it's not a big deal, but if there's a way to tell premiere pro not to go back for a transition it would help me out a lot.

Thanks,
Todd
There is no way to tell Premiere Pro to handle transitions differently. It is simply no longer an A/B editing environment.

Once you get used to this, an easy way to avoid having to go back and ripple edit your clips is to:

1) set your in point/out point in the source or trim window
2) Determine your transition length. Let's assume the default 1 sec.
3) Shift+arrow 3 times (moves at 5 frames each click = 15 frames).
4) Insert clip

This ensures the perfect amount of "handle" footage for the transition.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite