Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 85 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #1261
Major Player

Premiere Pro v7.0 Problem with dissolves

hi all,

Captured about 30mins of footage into premiere. Cut it down to approx 5 mins. Theres about 15 cuts on the timeline. On some of the cuts whenever I put a cross dissolve in there, there is a problem with the dissolve. Basically during the dissolve, there is a frame from another part of the timeline which magically appears in the dissolve! In other words, it dissolves from A to B but just before the centre of the dissolve there is this frame from another part of the timeline.... wierd...

Anyone have any ideas?
Old July 17th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #1262
RED Code Chef

Is this Premiere Pro 1.0 or 1.5? Did you update the version to the latest patch?
From what I understand (I'm not using Premiere, however) is that 1.5 solved
a lot of problems with 1.0 (I could be wrong on that).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 17th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #1263
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Darren
...there is a frame from another part of the timeline which magically appears in the dissolve!
You must have enough of handels of a clip to avoid this problem. Read more about About clip handles and transitions in PPro help.

/Roger
Old July 17th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #1264
Inner Circle

Christopher,

Thanks Christopher. I checked it out and it is not the same. I continued on into the support section for awhile, and nothing yet. Will continue on into it later.

thanks-Mike
Old July 18th, 2005, 12:28 AM   #1265
Regular Crew

External Monitor

I currently monitor premiere with my XL1s trhough the firewire and thought maybe I should get a dedicated card. I read posts on this site that I should get a card with an analogue out that works with premiere pro 1.5. Is there somewhere a list of all the cards that work, or will any graphics card with an analogue out work. All cards suggested such as matrox canopus etc seem to be capture cards, does the card need to have capture ability for premiere to recognise it. Maybe we could set up a list of what everyone uses to get our own compatability list going

Thanks in advance

Andy
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #1266
Wrangler

Hi Andrew,

I would not use a Graphis card for out put to TV.

There are only 2 ways to do it.

1. Buy a capture card like the Matrox RTx series or Canopus line of products. (there are other manufacturers as well). Also remember that these cards are also Hardware accelerator cards. They will speed up the time of rendering and exporting, but are picky about other hardware in your PC (Will be expensive)

2. Use your firewire port and use the analogue pass-thru on your camcorder (not so expensive).

Hope this helps a little,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #1267
Inner Circle

I bought a Canopus ADV110 for video capture from my VHS/VCR and got a bonus of being able to run video out my computer firewire into my TV. I think that that is money well spent. (wife is still thinking about it.) The nice thing about the ADV110 is it requires no power if you have a 6 pin firewire connection.

So when I'm doing title placement and such, I just plug it into my tele. It works for that purpose fine.

Hope this helps.

Steven Davis.
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #1268
Regular Crew

Disk full errors in Premiere - i have tons of space left!!

i'm trying to export a file from premiere and eventhough i have a lot of space on the external HD that is the source of the file and is being outputed to, after 9 min of export i get a disk full error!
i tried exporting to the c:\ drive same error
what is going on?
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #1269
Regular Crew

what file system are you using

10 bucks says fat32`
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #1270
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Handler
what file system are you using

10 bucks says fat32`

uhu
i have a new external HD that i can probably format to ntfs would that solve the damn prob
it is really frostrading and b/c of one file i haven't even start editing the proj that is due tom night
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1271
Regular Crew

I've heard about a patch that increses the max filesize for fat32

Yeah go up to NTFS on your external, really shouldn't take to long.

If you have a lot of space and a program like partition magic you could just make your freespace into a ntfs drive.
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #1272
Inner Circle

You can convert FAT32 to NTFS without having to format. Google search for "FAT32 to NTFS conversion".
http://www.ntfs.com/quest3.htm

You may have to run "chkdsk /f" on your external drive first.

Your problem may also be something else.
Old July 18th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #1273
Major Player

Has to be a file size limitation due to FAT32. 2nd hardware remove and replace diagnosis would be to quickly dump in a secondary slave HDrive on your ide cable that currently feeds your cd rom ... this will get your project rendered for tomorrow... you can do without your second dvd/cd-rom for one night...

Also, since nobody mentioned it I suppose I will: When you attempt a second export to a location and file that are the same as the previous attempt, old versions of premiere would not allow this unless you shut down Premiere and re-started ...
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #1274
Regular Crew

This is a known bug in Premiere Pro. If you do a search on the Adobe web site for "green screen stills" you will see several discussions. It appears to be some sort of memory leak. Adobe is well aware of the problem, but to the best of my knowledge has not made a patch available.

In addition to the previous suggestions, some solutions that I have found that work:
1. Import the photos at a lower resolution. I have only encountered the problem when using high resolution photos. I usually batch reformat the photos in Photoshop, then import them at no more than ~1200 x 1000.
2. Place a black matte as video above the photos, then set the matte opacity to 0%
3. Change the photo slightly using the effects control window. Something as simple as changing the opacity from 100% to 99%, changing the position from 360 to 359, etc. will force the editor to re-render the sequence.
4. Use short sequences of photos/transitions/effects and export them to AVI. Then combine the short sequences into one long sequence.

Good luck,
Barry Oppenheim
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #1275
Major Player

what do i selcet when encoding?

i want the highest quality. but i also want others to be able to download it in a timely fashion....

any suggestions?

btw. 7.0

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite