Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 88 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 28th, 2005, 09:11 AM   #1306
Trustee

OH! How fabulous is that? Make a title change in the original sequence holding the title and wherever else you dropped that title sequence the changes take effect.

You Go Boy!

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; July 28th, 2005 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Different Idea
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #1307
Wrangler

Hugh,

Excellent advice here. One of my NLE manuals also noted that this is how many sitcoms and tv drama shows are done. You keep a sequence of the opening, the closing credits, and a sequence for each 'scene' in the script. I tend to look at the hierachy as Clips-->Sequences-->Project.

-gb-
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #1308
Regular Crew

I have a GeForce 6800 OC that I use dual displays with, it works really well and I haven't had a problem with it.
Old July 28th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1309
New Boot

widescreen in after effects??

Hello
I have my GL2 set on widescreen and capture the video with PPro. The video look good in PPro but when I open it in AE 6.0 it is squished horizontally. Its not quite 16/9 but a little wider then 4/3. I have AE composite settings on Perset: NTSC DV widescreen 720x480 and Pixel aspect ratio: D1/DV NTSC widescreen 1.2 but it still doesnt look right. After I make the movie and open it back in PPro it looks fine. It just make it a little hard to do the effects in AE. Is there a way around this?
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:13 AM   #1310
Wrangler

I'm at work so may not get the terminology quite right, but...

There is an option in AE's monitor window for showing, or not showing corrected aspect ratio. "Not" requires less processing power and so is helpful if the computer is struggling to keep up.

Square pixels at 720x480 gives an image with a width to height ratio 1.5. DV, of course, uses non-square pixels...narrow screen gets to 4:3 by using 0.9 pixel aspect ratio (PAR), whereas widescreen uses PAR 1.2. I'm guessing your monitor window is set to "not" which will then show the image at square pixels, or an image aspect ratio of 1.5. This is simply a display option; it doesn't affect rendering.

If that isn't the trouble, let us know!
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #1311
Regular Crew

i also am having quite a bit of trouble with the alpha glow effect...
Old July 30th, 2005, 02:28 AM   #1312
Regular Crew

Will Premiere Pro work on an Athlon X2 system?

The topic says it all...
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM   #1313
Major Player

cuttting and saving parts in PPro?

How do cut parts and save them in PPro? Like if I have a 20 second clip and I only want to save the first five seconds as a file and delete the rest?
Old July 31st, 2005, 12:10 AM   #1314
Regular Crew

The only way to do this is to bring your 20-second clip into a timeline, do the necessary cutting, then re-export the file. Make sure, if you're using Premiere, to keep the export settings to Microsoft DV AVI in order to keep the same uncompressed quality as your original captured footage. After you do this, you can delete your original 20-second file.

It's kind of a tedious process for such a seemingly simple request, but I'm not aware of a better way.
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:15 AM   #1315
Wrangler

If you specifically want the 5 seconds as a separate file, I think export as Brent said is probably the only way to do it.

But, if all you want to do is be able to come back to that 5 seconds at a later time for editing, just save your project, and the IN and OUT points will be preserved within the project (without actually affecting the source file), which you can even import into another project.
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:36 AM   #1316
Regular Crew

It should lol
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:07 AM   #1317
Trustee

Blurring Faces

How do blur faces like in the TV show COPS in Premiere Pro 1.5 or in After Effects? Which would be the easiest way?
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:14 AM   #1318
Regular Crew

Insufficient Media. This transition will contain repeated frames?

Now I understand this happens when you apply a transition to two clips with no tail or head room, but why does this matter. If I captured two clips just the way I wanted them and just placed them on the timeline, why can't I just dissolve between the two. Why must I trim them for head and tail room. Or do I? Seems like Premiere adds diagonal lines to the transition. Even though I get this warning, the dissolve looks good. Can I just leave it as is?
Old August 1st, 2005, 12:24 PM   #1319
Trustee

I found it!

To those who also had the question...

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...o_blurface.htm
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:50 PM   #1320
Regular Crew

i've got a radeon 8000pro and a matrox dv card...works fine but i want dual screen now!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite