Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 89 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2005, 05:22 PM   #1321
Wrangler

It is just a warning Ed. The software is letting you know that it will have to create frames to add to your video for the transition and that it may not look the way you want it to as a result. If it looks good to you this way, then I wouldn't fret over it much.

-gb-
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:44 PM   #1322
Regular Crew

Like Greg said, if it looks good to you, there's no reason to change it. Ultimately when you're editing, you just want to create a good looking film. Regardless of any weird anomalies or errors you get, if you like the way it looks... keep it!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM   #1323
Regular Crew

Programs

You don't neccesarily have to crop the footage and lose some of your image for this. There are photo uprez programs like Photozoom Pro that you can use to make your footage 16:9 without resolution loss. In fact it's uprez so I think it even ends up looking better. There is the whole entire process description on one of the www.dvxuser.com threads by a guy named Disjecta.

Good luck,
I have a GL2 as well by the way and it works beautifully.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM   #1324
Trustee

Dmitry,

Interesting. I found the post (http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=6844.)
Quote:
You don't neccesarily have to crop the footage and lose some of your image for this.
If you want to make anamorphic 16:9 footage from a 4:3 source and keep the aspect ratio correct, part of the frame has to be cropped off. There's no way around this.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:05 PM   #1325
Regular Crew

Sorry

Yeah sorry I meant you don't have to crop as much as you would and lose like half a persons head :) Otherwise you're right my mistake (just trying to help) hehe.

Peace
Old August 3rd, 2005, 03:56 AM   #1326
New Boot

I will try Prozoom. One question, what are TIFF frames?
Thanks a bunch guys
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM   #1327
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Yun
Yeah sorry I meant you don't have to crop as much as you would and lose like half a persons head :)
Whether cropping in Premiere or Photozoom Pro the same amount of image would have to be taken off to make the 16:9 footage. I don't know exactly how the process would work in Photozoom Pro, but in Premiere the footage could be shifted up or down to prevent vital parts of the footage from being cropped off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Yun
Otherwise you're right my mistake (just trying to help) hehe.
No problem. Thanks for sharing the program.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:14 AM   #1328
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Panah
I will try Prozoom. One question, what are TIFF frames?
TIFF is a still image format.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:37 AM   #1329
New Boot

My machine has an old-ish Matrox video card which works ok, but if I increase the size of the monitor window by too much the playback gets really jerky. Ideally I'd like to display a large size monitor window on the second monitor rather than have to output via firewire to a tv - has anyone achieved this?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:25 PM   #1330
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Brown
My machine has an old-ish Matrox video card which works ok, but if I increase the size of the monitor window by too much the playback gets really jerky. Ideally I'd like to display a large size monitor window on the second monitor rather than have to output via firewire to a tv - has anyone achieved this?
I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it in Premier Pro 1.5, by default with my video card if I play an .avi (or any other video extensions) it automatically displays on the secondary display in full screen. It sucks if you have anything behind it, but I have it setup so that everything is on one screen and the video is on the other.
Old August 4th, 2005, 08:23 AM   #1331
Trustee

Ripple Question (And I don't mean the cheap wine!)

Can anybody tell me the command or shortcut enabling me to be able to drop a clip between two other clips making the clips to the right automatically move down the timeline?
Old August 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #1332
Major Player

If you are using Premiere Pro:
Press Ctrl or Ctrl+Alt while dragging the clip to the timeline.

/Roger
Old August 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #1333
Trustee

Pressing CTRL or CTR+Alt will make the clips to the right of the clip I drop on the timeline move down automatically? I will try that. May I ask another question?

Why does moving a larger clip over top of a smaller clip make the smaller clip completely disappear?
Old August 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1334
Wrangler

I can't resist the opportunity.... ;)

Dear Hugh,

"Drag and Drop Editing
The Premiere Pro interface has been redesigned to reduce the need to switch between different tools. Trimming is as easy as dragging the edges of a clip, or you can use the separate Trim window for more precise editing. You can perform basic operations with drag and drop editing by using keyboard modifiers:

- To delete or move a clip, just click and drag to Lift a clip: Delete it and leave a gap on the timeline, without affecting the adjacent clips. Or hold down the Ctrl key as you click to Extract the clip: Ripple Delete it and close the gap by sliding down the rest of the timeline contents.

- To overlay or insert a clip, again just drag and drop to perform the basic operation: Overlay it on top of the current contents of the timeline. Or hold down Ctrl as you drop to Insert the clip, and shift over the rest of the timeline contents.

That's not too hard to remember: just drag and drop to affect just the clip, or hold the Ctrl key to ripple the edit along the timeline. This trick even works when you are doing a drag and drop to perform two actions in one operation: you have the option to hold or release Ctrl both when dragging, and then when dropping, so you can lift or extract and then overlay or insert all in one smooth operation.

To make this process even easier to learn, Premiere Pro changes the cursor icon at each point in an edit operation, and also provides a dynamic text message hint in the status area at the bottom of the screen.

For more fun, you can hold the Alt key at the same time to have the operation only affect the selected target tracks, instead of the entire timeline. You also can select multiple clips and apply edits to all of them at once."

from your Vegas-using pal,
Old August 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1335
Major Player

HDV Plugin for Premiere 6.5?

Is there a current or soon to be released plugin that allows 6.5 to capture/edit HDV?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite