Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 92 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #1366
Trustee

Quote:
I have the sound card configured properly in my preferences dialog box.
I assume you mean the sound preferences inside Premiere Pro?

Also, have you checked to make sure the speaker wires didn't somehow accidentally get pulled loose?

EDIT: By the way, if you loaded all the Creative software that came with your card there may be a Creative speaker configuration utility tucked away somewhere, in addition to the built-in Windows XP speaker configuration. You might want to dig around some more and see if you can find something like that.
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #1367
Trustee

Here's a FAQ from over on the Adobe boards dealing with audio: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...yG.4@.2cd0ad7c

While it is dealing with no audio whatsoever coming out of Premiere Pro, while you still have audio coming out of two speakers, it might have some helpful troubleshooting steps non-theless.
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #1368
Regular Crew

Masking in After Effects

I am trying to make a mask that follows along with the shape as it moves. I know this has to be possible but I can't seem to find out how to do it. For example, I masked out someones eyes and as the head moves the black just stays still and does not follow the eyes. Anyone out there know how to do this?
Old August 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1369
Trustee

Study up on "Motion Tracking"
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:37 AM   #1370
Regular Crew

Thanks, I had no idea what to even look for.
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:17 AM   #1371
Trustee

I downloaded the most up-to-date drivers and the problem is solved.

HOWEVER...

Now I noticed something new! One of my sound clips on the timeline only shows a mono waveform when, at one time, it showed a stereo waveform and it was recorded stereo on a Canon GL 1 with the on-board mic (by somebody else). Only the top half of the timeline sound clip shows a waveform. The bottom part of the clip shows a smooth line. The sound is only coming from the left front and right rear surround speakers. I know that just screams crossed plugs but I do have the color codes correctly (orange to orange, green to green etc). I know it's probably just a simple menu click but can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #1372
Trustee

16 X 9 Mask in PPro 1.5?

Is there a 16 X 9 mask in PPro 1.5 like with Vegas 6?

In vegas you just opened the clip in the PAN/CROP tool and used the drop down menu for LETTERBOX where it masks the top and bottom of the 4 X 3 frame.
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #1373
Trustee

Does PPro 1.5 have a Deinterlacer?

Can I deinterlace video with PPro 1.5 for a final, rendered output to either 30p or 24p?
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #1374
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Can I deinterlace video with PPro 1.5 for a final, rendered output to either 30p or 24p?

Right click on the clip itself, then select field option. Not sure if this is what you need, but thought I would let you know about it.

Mike
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #1375
Wrangler

Hi Hugh,

This sort of question has appeared before, please try our search.

if you open up title designer and open up the template drop down list, if you select matte, you whould find a 16x9 matte which you can use.

Hope this helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #1376
Trustee

Thanks Ed. Sorry for my redundancy. Guilty as charged.
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #1377
Trustee

I saw that but I wasn't sure if my video de-interlaced at render. I will experiment nonetheless. Thanks for the help!
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #1378
Wrangler

We're all lazy from time to time...

Hope the search helped,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 17th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #1379
Major Player

If you have the field options deint turned on, it'llexport like that. You can also turn on the deinterlacer when you export - bypassing any of the field options (though I don't tink you can globally turn it if off if it's already turned on per clip).
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #1380
Tourist

The dreaded black screen

I have recently put adobe premiere pro on my home computer, and am encountering a major problem!!!(I have used the software before, and am pretty familiar with its uses, but not on my own computer)

For some unknown reason, when I play a clip through the timeline, all that appears on the monitor is a black screen. However, when I double click a selection in the timeline, the clip plays on the monitor. As soon as I click anything in the timeline though, the monitor displays the black screen. Oddly enough, the audio plays fine either way. I don't know if there is something that I need to configure, or what is wrong, but this is rendering the program useless! Also, on a sidenote, any time I export a frame, or a movie, it just shows a black screen. I'm sure the issues are related, but this is very frustrating, and I am not sure if it is something that is hardware related or a software issue.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot this, your time and effort is much appreciated!

Erica
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite