Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 96 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #1426
Trustee

If you do not use QT clips in your work, and never export to QT, then you are fine. Otherwise, don't do it!
Old August 25th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #1427
Major Player

This place is the best. Thanks for the quick reply. I just hit deadline and wasn't thinking about the no HD DVD players yet problem. Which led to my freakout on the presets in Premiere. It looks good at the 720 so I should be safe with that. Thanks again.
Old August 25th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #1428
Major Player

I really know nothing about this except I've come across some threads a while back discussing it, and I use the app Scenalyzer for OTHER reasons but I know some people use that app just to pull out the second stereo audio track. My understanding is that people who are doing this have to use a different app that seperates out the other two channels into a seperate stereo .wav file during capture. Then in your NLE, you bring in the video, which has the first stereo L-R pair muxed into it already, but then you have to bring in the OTHER stereo L-R from the .wav file that was created. Then you end up with two stereo pairs which can be then seperated into 4 mono audio tracks with the take left/right functionality. BUT, TAKE THIS WITH A BIG GRAIN OF SALT BECAUSE I'M GOING ON MEMORY HERE AND HAVE NEVER DONE THIS MYSELF.
Old August 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #1429
Wrangler

Thanks Steven. It would be nice to export to QT7, but since it isn't my usual workflow, I ain't gonna risk it. Will wait for a fully compatible final release version before trying to export to QT7, and will just view downloads on my laptop.
Old August 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #1430
Major Player

What's the best PPRO Tutorial

Need some input. I have PPRO 1.5 and have learned alot from the Total Training teaser that was enclosed with the Adobe software. There are other Tutorials around on the internet which I've seen and sampled. I also have seen Steven Gotz PPRO 1.5 Tutorials which are alot cheaper. Looking at the content of Total Training and The Steven Gotz Tutorials I wonder which one was best. Has anyone had experience with both enough to give a comparison review? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Harry
Old August 25th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #1431
Trustee

I'll make it real simple for you. Jacob Rosenberg produced better tutorials for Total Training than I did for http://www.Lynda.com - he is a better teacher, younger, and better looking than I am.

His are expensive. Mine can be taken online. If taken within one month, the cost is only $25. His are only available for $249 where mine are less expensive at $149 or even less if taken online.

Total Training is the best there is. No question about it. Like Avis, I tried harder. But his are still better. There are more hours of training and go into more detail.

Mine are good, his are great. You decide. I don't need the money bad enough to lie to you.
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #1432
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I'll make it real simple for you. Jacob Rosenberg produced better tutorials for Total Training than I did for http://www.Lynda.com - he is a better teacher, younger, and better looking than I am.

His are expensive. Mine can be taken online. If taken within one month, the cost is only $25. His are only available for $249 where mine are less expensive at $149 or even less if taken online.

Total Training is the best there is. No question about it. Like Avis, I tried harder. But his are still better. There are more hours of training and go into more detail.

Mine are good, his are great. You decide. I don't need the money bad enough to lie to you.
Steven,

That is a gracious statement! Total Training is great and I endorse it to many, but I also know that when you and others do your training that different areas are covered with more detail. Some things you cover will be of great help, and they are not even mentioned in TT. The best way would be to have both!!!!!!!

No matter what program it is, mastering it is far more valuable than than the cost of the program. Programs are cheap compared to the learning and training that is required to master it.

Thank You Steven,

Mike
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #1433
Trustee

I am old enough to have learned that honesty really is the best policy unless it has something to do with if those pants make her you-know-what look big.

If I decide to do the tutorials for Premiere Pro 2.0 I will be better prepared to compete. But to be honest, I don't know if it is worth it. It really is hard work.
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #1434
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I am old enough to have learned that honesty really is the best policy unless it has something to do with if those pants make her you-know-what look big.

If I decide to do the tutorials for Premiere Pro 2.0 I will be better prepared to compete. But to be honest, I don't know if it is worth it. It really is hard work.
What I have learned over the years in teaching many things is the you have to understand what the student doesn't. In other words, you have to be able to figure out where the stumbling block is. Total Training and many other big training programs spend hours explaining the obvious and don't address the obscure.

Hey Steven, you are getting the house in Florida, so if I can help on PP 2.0 I would love it.

Mike
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #1435
Trustee

It is a long haul from Port St. Lucie to Clermont, but I will keep you in mind.

The problem is that Lynda wants things explained as part of creating a particular end result. So side trips down the roads of split screens and chroma keying are difficult.
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #1436
Regular Crew

You can do what I did, buy the total training set, watch it, take notes, than sell it when your done and make nearly all of your money back. Now I just have a PP book for reference, I have the basic knowlege if I get stuck I look at the book or go online for help. Good cheap way to do it.
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1437
Inner Circle

Interlaced.
Old August 26th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #1438
New Boot

Does Project Settings Affect Capture?

Lets say I have a project open in Premiere Pro 1.5 that is 24fps. Then lets say I have some 60i footage that I want to capture (to eventually convert to 60P and then slowed down to 40% to match 24fps). If I capture the 60i footage with my 24p project open, will this affect the captured AVI file? So will the capture dialog capture the video in its native 60i, or will it change it to 24fp, or even 30p? Note that this is BEFORE I drop it into my timeline.

In short, do the project settings affect or influence the capture?
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #1439
Major Player

Capture w Panny GS400

I get an errror message when I try to capture from my pannasonic gs400 using Firewire. I have the camera on in playback mode with the tape stopped. Start Premier up, then attempt to capture. I get a brief-1/2 sec "Stopped" message followed by "Unable to Capture. Reset Camera." Reset never works. This camera/connection works fine with pinnacle Studio and Windows movie maker. I've played with setting, to no avail. Anyone else with this problem, or a work around? I'd sure appreciate any help/info. Thanks!
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #1440
Regular Crew

I sometimes have problems capturing from my XL1S to Premeire Elements. I have always been able to get it to work by one of the following. Turn off the camera, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. Reboot the computer. Remember to alway plug in the firewire connection before turning on the camera and turn off the camera before disconnecting because then you can blow out the port.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite