Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM   #196
Wrangler

Try holding shift when you drag a handle on the audio rubberbands. It allows you to move the point up in a percentage basis and is alot less touchy.
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #197
New Boot

You are a god! heheh
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:24 AM   #198
Wrangler

say what?! Who?! lol
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #199
Wrangler

In Premiere What's the Best Way To....

In Premiere what's the best way to do a frame hold. In other words I want the footage to run and freez at one point. I know there are a # of ways to accomplish this- the one way is by actually using the frame hold command. However it hold that frame for the entire duration of the clip. Usually I copy and paste the clip and trip it to the length I want the frame to be held and make sure that frame is either first or last and choose Frame Hold> Hold on Inpoint/outpoint. Is this how everyone else does it.

Also when I do a framehold there is a noticable difference in color. Once the footage is frozen the colors shift slightly. Anyone know why it does this and how to fix it?
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #200
Major Player

I would probably just save the desired frame to a tga file (Ctl-Shift-M), place the still on the timeline and stretch to desired length. Be sure and deinterlace the still and if color correction is necessary, it could be fixed in PhotoShop.
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:26 AM   #201
Wrangler

I'm with Ed there. Its far more easier to export a single frame at a certain point, than it is to usse the frame hold function. It also gives you more options i.e. you can change its length to anything you want.

All the best,

Ed Smith

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:02 AM   #202
Wrangler

Jeez, then what IS the frame hold funtion good for?! lol

Has anyone noticed a shift in color once the footage ends and it displays the outputted single frame?
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:51 AM   #203
Major Player

In Premiere What's the Best Way To....

"Has anyone noticed a shift in color once the footage ends and it displays the outputted single frame?"

I've generally noticed the opposite. The frame export closely matches the action footage, particularly if you don't edit the still. I apply flicker removal but that's it. You can make a frame export look very good in Photo Shop but it will no longer match the rest of the clip.

David Hurdon
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:08 PM   #204
New Boot

Premiere 6.5 and Itanium2 ?

Is it worth purchasing an Itanium2 workstation for NLE ?
I use a Canopus Dv Storm2 card
Thanks
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #205
Major Player

I suppose the big question is what are you planning to do with it? But my initial reaction is 'no'. It really depends on your workoad I guess.
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #206
New Boot

I am creating NLE video productions with an average of 10-15 videotracks and want to reduce the rendering/waiting time.
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:37 PM   #207
Regular Crew

The Itanium 2 is a 64 bit architecture cpu and i dont think that its natively compatabile with 32 bit applications such as Adobe Software. So I dont even think that the stuff wil run on the Cpu. Not to mention there is no NLE othe thatn stuff made for IRIX that could use the power of 64 bit word size. So even it for some reason it did work it would be a total waste of CPU power. If your looking for a 64 bit cpu with backwards compatabilty try the AMD Opteron. I would suggest to you however you try a dual Cpu Intel Xeon machine

BTW what are you currently using for Hardware?
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #208
New Boot

Thanks for the info. It's a real help. I indeed searched extensively for 64 bit support on Premiere, but could not find it anywhere, now I know why :)
I am currently using a P4 2,8 ghz. Would an upgrade to dual Xeon 3 Ghz be worth the investment you think ?
Old May 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #209
Regular Crew

If you want to render faster the only real option you have right now would be to go to a dual Cpu machine. Which if you wanted to stay with Intel would mean that you need to go with the Xeon. I wouldnt go with the Opteron quite yet as it doesnt have all of the optimization that Intel productions have.

To answer the question about rendering you must ask yourself what are you willing to spend to get a 30-40 percent gain.If you really want that faster rendering then yes it will offer a noticable gain. I guess you arent too concerned with the money as you were planning on getting an Itanium.

Since your using a Canopus DVStorm you will get even a larger increase in speed because of it Scalable architechure. Or thats whats Canopus says anyways..

Hope this helps
Old May 16th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #210
New Boot

Not too concerned about the money ?? I wish that was true. :)
Of course I cannot grab the money from a big pile, but I do have a few euros to spare.
Still I do want to invest it well, and the waiting for rendering is something I really hate.
Thanks a lot for your vaulable comments.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite