Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2003, 09:14 AM   #436
Major Player

I use the original Raptor card and the softMPG encoder from Canopus, purchased separately but integrated in the Premiere (6.02) timeline. I also use TMPGEnc outside of Premiere. The key settings for exporting mpeg2 are virtually the same no matter what encoder you use. Take a look at this site for specific advice on settings that work:

http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html

I depart from them only in allowing video and audio to be exported together.

David Hurdon
Old August 5th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #437
Regular Crew

16:9 on premiere. Doesn't seem to work.

Hello. Recently, I've decided that I want to transfer my new skate DVD into widescreen. So here's the thing. I made a practice edit with the 16:9 option when you select what type of project you would like to do. Thing is. When I look at it on the tv it doesn't show up in widescreen format. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you, later
Old August 5th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #438
Wrangler

Don't say buy Vegas!!!

Hi people,

I am a fanatic for Premiere, but currently have a large problem. Please do not say buy Vegas - That is no help and I will never buy the product - YET.

Ok, here is the problem:

I had just captured nearly 2 hours of footage split like this:

1hour, 10mins, 45mins

I went to put the video on the timeline and it would only display the first 2.44mins of the 1hour clip, 1.01mins of the 10min clip and 1.19mins of the 45min clip - Whats going on?

If I play the clip in windows media play, it plays the whole of each clip. And says that they are 12 GB - 1Hour, 10mins - 1.73GB, 9.38GB for the 45min clip. These seem to be correct. The funny thing is that Premiere also sees the data size as this as well but will only display and play the clips as said above.

Looks like some sort of database problem.

I have reset machine, reset Premiere.

Any one come across this, or any ideas on what to do.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 5th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #439
Wrangler

Thats correct - Does it look vertically squished? This is correct if you are viewing on a 4:3 TV. However if you are viewing on a 16:9 TV it should fill the screen and look correct. The orginal footage needs to be 16:9.

If however your footage is 4:3 and you want to letter box the footage so that when displayed on a 4:3 TV you will get bars top and bottom. Then you will need to choose 4:3 project template and either clip the footage with the clip video effect or create a widescreen matte in the title designer.

Hope this helps,

Ed

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 5th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #440
Regular Crew

Which utility did you use to capture?
Old August 5th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #441
Regular Crew

Recapture the footage ?
Old August 5th, 2003, 03:39 PM   #442
Major Player

Rolling Titles in small box - Premiere 6.5

I'm trying to create a rolling title in a small box over a graphic with video running behind it all. No problem with rolling text, but I can't seem to bound it into a box. It starts on inside but extends to the bottom of the page AND rolls off the top. I want it contained in the box. Also can't seem to find the Window, Window Optons, Title Window Options menu choice that the help screens talk about. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
Old August 5th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #443
Major Player

Do you mean that when you put it on the timeline the clip only looks like it's about 3 minutes long, or after the first few minutes the clip is just black?

I can't think of what this could be.. try recapturing part of it. That's weird that it plays in WiMP though, hmm..
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:18 AM   #444
Wrangler

Brian,

- I used the Premiere Capture window set to DV devices, and DV template

Bruce,

- That would be my last resort!!!

Alex,

- When the clip is on the timeline it just displays the first 3min - No black just a straight cut.

The premiere properties says its a 3min clip but also says its 12GB!!! something strange happening.

Cheers Guys,
All the best,

Ed

Old August 6th, 2003, 02:21 AM   #445
Wrangler

Apply the transform filter effect found under the distort folder to the title. Then resize and place where needed.

All the best,

Ed

Old August 6th, 2003, 04:02 AM   #446
Regular Crew

Is it possible that the duration of the clip is defaulting to a set length? I have created several short promotion videos set to music and i frequently alter the duration and speed of clips to fit the music. Could it be that an option has been set so that footage over a certain duration is truncated to a more manageable size?

Have you tried grabbing the right hand edge of the clip and extending it to see if the remaining footage is there?

Does that make any sense at all?

Regards

Nick
Old August 6th, 2003, 06:04 AM   #447
Wrangler

Nick,

I don't think that I have set the clips to default duration because they are all different and odd numbers. Besides when I imported in another video clip, that one worked fine - It only seems to be on the 3 clips I captured recently.

Tried grabbing the right hand edge but it would not let me go any further.

Cheers Nick for your suggestions,

Ed

Old August 6th, 2003, 06:13 AM   #448
Wrangler

How much storage is left on the drive? It sounds like you are using NTFS, so that would be correct.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old August 6th, 2003, 07:22 AM   #449
Wrangler

Good thinking Nathan,

Its an 80GB Maxtor 7200RPM drive. It had about 25GB free, by the end of capturing it left about 4.5GB

I have not tried freeing up more space- will try tonight when I get back from work.

If that don't work I will re-install Premiere

Any more suggestions,

All the best,

Ed

Old August 6th, 2003, 08:38 AM   #450
Major Player

Ed,

Thanks much, I'll give that a shot today.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite