Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 19th, 2003, 10:33 AM   #511
Wrangler

Sounds like its trying to look for your old Sony.

As Adrian said try using generic DV device, or go to the device properties and select Panasonic from the drop down menu and then see whether your camera appears there, you can also use the check status button to find out whether the camera is on line.

To find the device properties box goto the edit menu in premiere then I think its settings (the one at the bottom) and then scratch disk and device control)

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 20th, 2003, 02:08 AM   #512
Regular Crew

Audio plug-ins for Premiere/AE?

Hi there,
I may have no choice but to do much of my audio work in Premiere or After Effects (as they are pretty much the only programs I have access to). Are there any essential plug-ins that may improve the quality and flexibility of my audio that I should try to track down? The cheaper the better but even if they are expensive, let me know anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Jay.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 04:59 PM   #513
Regular Crew

Adobe video collection is now shipping

Adobe video collection is now shipping.

Well first you have to pony up $799 :)
Old August 23rd, 2003, 12:38 PM   #514
Trustee

anyone know technically what version will prem pro be at? 7.0?
Old August 23rd, 2003, 03:14 PM   #515
Major Player

Yes, 7.0
Old August 27th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #516
Major Player

No video when i try to capture

I just put in Windows XP Pro a few days ago, and when I opened up premier and tried to capture video, it said it was offline, So i guess my card is not turned on or something. Does anyone know what i should do?????? Thanks.
Old August 27th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #517
Regular Crew

Does Premiere Pro have native support for HD?

Does Premiere Pro have native support for HD? And if so what do we need Aspect HD for?
Old August 27th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #518
Regular Crew

Hi Mike,

I have had a lot of problems with capturing in Premiere. Try switching to another capture ulitity like DVIO (so-so) or ScenelyzerLive (really good but costs $40)

Cheers,
Mark
Old August 27th, 2003, 08:59 AM   #519
Major Player

Premier Pro can handle HD, but I think you need a high end HD card for that, like any other HD NLE. The benefit of AspectHD, as far as I read, is that it not only handles the MPEG2-TS format well, but it also boast of an almost artifact free process of editing highly compressed HD material, all via firewire. And Aspect HD can convert the MPEG2-TS format to other formats as well.

http://www.cineform.com/products.html
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #520
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Thank you for clearing that up for me..
Old August 28th, 2003, 02:07 AM   #521
Regular Crew

Rendering, keeping quality and compression question...

Hi folks,
I've been cutting in Premiere, rendering the footage, then putting on effects in After Effects where I will do the final render from. Obviously I want to keep the best quality possible. So, when I'm rendering from Premiere should I select 'No Compression' to keep the original quality or does that change the format of the footage (as it came in as dv footage). Or should I be selecting 'Microsoft DV' (the only dv related compression I seem to have)?

TIA,
Jay.
Old August 28th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #522
Wrangler

Ok everyone....so, HOW is Premiere Pro?

Well it's out- and I'm sure at least a few of you have picked it up. I'm interested in what your opinions are about it. The good the bad, how it stacks up against other NLE's like Vegas 4, etc.

PS Is 6.0 "upgradable" to Premiere Pro, in other words if I were to pick up a copy of the Update will it work or is it strictly a 6.5 update?
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #523
Major Player

The fact that is does not yet support 24p is what is keeping me from using it much at all. Then again, I haven't shot much footage lately....I will tomorrow:)
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:53 AM   #524
Regular Crew

I got it this past monday and been playing with it. There are lots of new cool stuff and real time playback of effects is nice. I love the way everything is intergrated between after effects, photoshop, encore and premiere. You can pull previous version of adobe projects into pro but I had a few problems like sound not working properly or certain effects not working. So best thing to do is finish whatever old project you have in the old premiere and start new on Pro. All shortkeys are customizable. Most windows and tools can be customized to your hearts content.
The new color correction tools are pretty cool. Also I use the Shuttle Xpress and in old premiere when turn the jog wheel it stutters along instead of quickly moving. In Pro that has been fixed and I love it. Nested tracks is another amazing thing in Pro, no more virtual clips which I never used. No more a/b editing and I am getting use to single track editing and it is not hard.

A few things that I do miss is the way the story board is handled. Creating a new bin allows you to treat it like a storyboard and it handles in the same way as previous storyboard but when you are editing a large clip and grabbing different sections of the clip onto storyboard, the tumbnail is the original head of source clip for every clip you drag into storyboard. Then you have to manually click on each clip and play it to give it a different tumbnail which I think is extra work.

Another thing I miss is my one of favorite effects that I grabbed from photoshop 5 called diffuse glow. It doesn't work properly with Pro. Also Pro only works with XP.

I've played with Vegas Video and Adobe has caught up with, and surpassed what Vegas can do. I got the video package so encore, after effects, premiere pro and audition gives me most of the tools to get the job done. I love it.
Old August 29th, 2003, 04:57 AM   #525
Capt. Quirk

BJ- Coud you tell me more about the diffuse glow? Did you use it in Premiere 6?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite