Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 44 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #646
Regular Crew

I fixed the rendering problem, but now I'm having trouble playing back the rendered video. Will Premiere Pro only playback in real time or can you play the rendered video smoothly? My processor isn't the fastest so I'd rather wait for it to render and have smooth playback than playing extremely choppy video with real time.
Old October 11th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #647
New Boot

Thanks will do
Old October 11th, 2003, 09:18 PM   #648
Regular Crew

They only recommend OHCI-compliant cards, yours may not be compliant with those standards (some Pinnacle cards aren't, for example).
Old October 12th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #649
RED Code Chef

I'm not following your question. Can you elaborate?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 12th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #650
Regular Crew

When I play the edited video without rendering it is very choppy (Skips frames) because of a slow processor speed, but even after the video is rendered it still plays back the same. Is there anyway I can play it back after rendering so it won't be choppy?

In 6.5 after I rendered the video played perfectly.
Old October 12th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #651
RED Code Chef

So you are playing back the footage you rendered with the Avid
codec from the Premiere Pro timeline? If so, I still think there is
some weird thing going on between the Avid codec and PPro.
Keep in mind, that the Avid codec was made before PPro came
out.

Perhaps they are working on a solution? Did you check Adobe
and Avid forums?

Old October 12th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #652
Regular Crew

No, no. I fixed the Avid codec problem, now it is using the default Intel Video 5.10 codec that came with Premiere.
Old October 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM   #653
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro DV codec?

Hi, my name's Chris, and I'm a high school student who's trying to learn as much about DV as possible. I've learned a lot from reading these boards, but I have a few questions on something I'm still confused about.

I've read a lot about Vegas Video using a DV codec that is superior to the Microsoft codec (which I believe Premiere 6 used). I've recently upgraded to Premiere Pro, but is it still using the same low-quality Microsoft codec, or have they upgraded that as well? And if I wanted to take advantage of a better codec, how could I do that? Would I be able to capture my video in Vegas and then edit in Premiere Pro? Or would that not be any different from capturing and editing solely in Premiere?

Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks for your help!
Old October 12th, 2003, 06:19 PM   #654
Regular Crew

Premiere audio filter setting for background?

Hi all,
I'm new to Premiere and was curious if anyone has any good suggestions for audio filter or EQ settings to lower the background noise on the audio track. I'm currently using a regular cardioid condenser mic on a boom until I can get a shotgun. It works pretty good but outdoors near highways and inside shopping centers/malls picks up a fair bit of rumble (not wind rumble) even when relatively close-mic'd.

Any good ideas?

Thanks,
Old October 12th, 2003, 06:49 PM   #655
Inner Circle

You can try to get rid of rumble by using a low shelf audio filter or a high pass filter. An equalizer will do the same thing. What you want to do is to lower the volume of the lower frequencies (around 100-200 and below).

Don't apply the effect too much or voices will sound distorted. Find a middle ground where voices aren't distorted and the rumble isn't annoying.

This will be easier in a good audio editing program that will let you preview the audio effect in real-time. If you have Premiere Pro you'd probably want to use adobe audition.
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:56 AM   #656
New Boot

This doesn't answer your question but...

To learn about DV Codecs in general, I point you in the direction of the great Adam Wilt. His site (http://www.adamwilt.com) is chock-full of information on DV, including codecs, codec problems, and other misc. information on it.

Here's one thing on his site that's a little closer to what you're asking. It's not an answer, but it does give some specifics on codecs. http://www.adamwilt.com/DV-FAQ-editing.html

Finally, I want to congratulate you about learning as much as possible about DV. I began playing with video around 14, and ever since then I've been hooked. Now I'm 17, and I'm still learning lots about it.

Don't worry about asking questions, if you don't know, ASK. Somebody here is bound to know what you're talking about! Better you know the right answer than to risk it on something important.

Good Luck!
Old October 13th, 2003, 04:38 AM   #657
Regular Crew

Actually Premiere does let you preview the changes on any audio effect; it has a 'Preview sound' box you can check in the setup window while you're adjusting frequency so the audio selection will loop itself with changes applies in almost real time.

I've tried the hi and lo pass with some success, I suppose I'm actually looking for parametric EQ settings. The graphic EQ helps somewhat, but the frequency bandwidths are rather wide with it being only a 7 band EQ.

Thanks,
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:45 AM   #658
Tourist

Capturing in highest def on Adobe Premiere 6.0

Hi!
I have a trial copy of Adobe premiere 6.0 that I wish to use to capture to the hard drive some good footage I have. I need it to be the highest quality (broadcast) possible and have fiddled around a little with it. So far I have managed to capture some video but when I play it back it seems to have lines through it. the frame size seems to be set at 720x? Should this be larger? I want to keep this on file so I can start keeping track of footage rather than having to accesss the tapes each time. Problem being I don't want to record over the tapes until I'm sure that what I've captured is 100% perfect copy.

The other thing is, I may not decide to purchase adobe premiere after this trial is up and wonder if anyone has suggestions as to the best software for DV editing, and preferably easy (ier) to use. I'm a complete beginner and some of the options and the layout of premiere6.0 are rather daunting to say the least.
I hope this makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old October 13th, 2003, 08:45 AM   #659
Trustee

The lines you are seeing Brett could quite possibly be interlacing artifacts. Unlike TVs, computer monitors are progressive displays and often the footage will appear lined. If you could post an image of one of the frames we could better diagnose your problem.

If you want something that is easier to get the hang of then take a look at Vegas Video 4. It's a very popular NLE application and great bang for you buck.
Old October 13th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #660
RED Code Chef

That should play back fine, althought the quality shouldn't be
too great. Are you sure your PC and OS are fine? Something
really fishy is going on. Again I suggest you check out the
Avid or Adobe forums if they have those on their respective
sites.

PPro is just too new.

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite