Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2003, 04:29 AM   #106
Regular Crew

In addition, you might want to go take a look at www.wrigleyvideo.com for a great collection of Premier tutorials.
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:06 AM   #107
Wrangler

You can also use the transform filter supplied with Premiere.

Put the video you want to be in a small frame in video layer 2,

Then the video you want in the back in video layer 1a.

Apply the transform filter to video on layer2, adjust the size and postion where needed.

Hope this helps,

Ed Smith

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #108
Regular Crew

Square Pixels In Adobe Premiere Dv

Alright, I already searched the forums and didn't really find what i'm looking for, so here goes: I shoot on the GL2 in 4:3 NTSC and use Premiere to edit. I saw a screenshot of someones Premiere dual desktop and they were able to expand their Premiere "monitor" preview window to 720X480. I always use the default settings for DV/NTSC/16bit audio to import and when I view my monitor preview, I am only able to stretch it to 648X480. Today I pulled some footage in and instead of setting the Pixel Aspect to the default ".9" I changed it to "square pixels" and now I can stretch my preview to 720X480 which is a bit easier on the eye when not using an external monitor for preview. Now, my question is, am I changing the footage any or hurting/degrading it if I edit with the timeline like this, and then export back out to DV? I read a thread here and it said to make sure that "maintain aspect ratio" is checked in your video timeline. When I do this, I have to render the entire timeline, and it shrinks it back to the 648X480 window. Let me know what you guys think, as I've edited with premiere for years and never changed these settings. Thanks for the time,

Michael Botkin
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #109
Regular Crew

In AP 6.5?

I have multiple "transform" filters in 6.5. I looked at one of the demos on wrigley's site, but he was using 6.0, where "transform" is an individual filter. I can't figure out which of the filters to use.

I was able to do the pip using the motion method.

Michael
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #110
Regular Crew

Transform filter location

The transform filter is located in the distort folder in 6.5
Old March 20th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #111
RED Code Chef

Maintain aspect ratio makes sure your AR is correct in relation
to your projects settings. I don't think you want to use it if you
are using the (incorrect) DV aspect ration of 1.0. I don't know
what happens if you output a project with a DV aspect of 1.0.

Personally I would stick to what everyone uses and is the
correct way. Your DV footage simply isn't 1.0 PA. It is 0.9.
I can't imagine 1.0 would look better than 0.9 (ie, the way it
should look)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:22 PM   #112
Regular Crew

Way to loop audio in Premiere?

In Premiere 6.5, is there a way to get an audio (wav) file to loop as long as I want it to, or do I just have to put more copies of it onto the timeline?

To be more specific: I have a wav file of wind howling. One time through the file is about 3 seconds. I need the wind howling for 30 seconds. Do I just drag the file to the timeline 10 times, or is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 08:34 PM   #113
Warden

To the best of my knowledge you need to drag it or you can copy and paste (at least you can on Mac).

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old March 23rd, 2003, 08:38 PM   #114
Major Player

I think you're stuck to copying and pasting. But you might be able to select a bunch of them and copy-paste 5 or 10 at a time.
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #115
Major Player

TMPGE vs. Adobe Premiere 6.5

It seems like this question would have probably been answered already but I searched the forum and couldn't find it. So here it is:

Is there any difference in the quality of a MPG file that Adobe Premiere 6.5 creates compared to a MPG file that TMPGE creates?

The reason I ask is because I need to convert my .avis to MPG and I am going to buy either TMPGE or Premiere 6.5 to do this and want to know which one would be better.

Thanks.
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #116
Regular Crew

multi-session capture in Premiere

There is a problem with Canon cameras and Premiere where one can only capture one clip at a time before the 1394 port locks up.

Awhile back I saw a tip on how to edit an .ini file or maybe even the Windows registry to allow capture of mulitple clips from a Canon GL1/2 into Premiere without resetting the 1394 interface.

I am not able to find that info searching the archives. Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Ron J.
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #117
Major Player

TMPEG is one of the best in quality but that's after you played and tweaked the settings and to many, another person's settings doesn't mean it will work well for the masses. If you are going to purchase an encoder look at Cinecraft's and Canopus Procoder. Procoder allows you to spool jobs so you can do several in one sitting and then unleah your PC. Premiere 6.5 is more than just an encoder, so I recommend you buy Premiere and then a separate encoder. Very low, loss in quality using Procoder or Cinecraft. Another thing to realize is that the two more commercial products take a lot less time than TMPEGENC when set to the highest settings and their quality is comparable to TMPEGENC Plus.
Old March 28th, 2003, 05:56 PM   #118
Air China Pilot

I totally need to know this. It pisses me off to no end.
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #119
Regular Crew

Weird. I use Premiere 6.5 and XP and capture multiple clips in one setting without any problems.

Wish I could help, but.....
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #120
Air China Pilot

It is true. I run Premiere 6 / Win2000 and I can capture a clip but then I have to turn off my camera and then restart capturing once I turn it back on again to do another one. With Vegas I can do it all no problem.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite