DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Help with CS4 - Export to Tape Canon XH-A1 - Time Sensitive!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/381954-help-cs4-export-tape-canon-xh-a1-time-sensitive.html)

Tim Altonen September 10th, 2009 08:32 AM

Help with CS4 - Export to Tape Canon XH-A1 - Time Sensitive!!!

I am having a big problem exporting to a tape using Adobe CS4 and my Canon XH-A1. The project is HDV at 24fps. The problem is that the "Export to Tape" function is grayed out and simply will not work. I know there has to be something simple I am overlooking, but the pressure is on, as this film has been accepted to a festival which requires mini-dv tapes. Please help as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Battle Vaughan September 10th, 2009 08:49 AM

Might look here: Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * Export a sequence to tape with device control

HDV export to tape works only in windows, only with device control. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the 24 frame Canon format is not a true 24-frame, it is 60i with pulldowns and such that is over my pay grade, but it occurs to me that perhaps the format you are trying to export may make a difference. Perhaps the Canon doesn't recognize what you are sending?

Also firewire on the XHa1 can be a little twitchy, particularly on the first version with the 4-pin firewire plug, make sure that the camera is talking to the computer....in working with the Canon Console software I often found that a little touch on the firewire cable could easily make or break the contact....best of luck! / Battle Vaughan

Tim Altonen September 10th, 2009 08:52 AM

XH-A1 + CS4 Export to Tape grayed out - Big Problem!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a big problem exporting to a tape using Adobe CS4 and my Canon XH-A1. The project is HDV at 24fps. The problem is that the "Export to Tape" function is grayed out and simply will not work. The camera is connected to the computer and is shown to be "Online". I know there has to be something simple I am overlooking, but the pressure is on, as this film has been accepted to a festival which requires mini-dv tapes. Please help as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Chris Hurd September 10th, 2009 08:53 AM

See my reply to this question in the Canon XH forum.

Tim Altonen September 10th, 2009 10:14 AM

Thanks for the help, I'm now getting the "Check the HDV/DV input" message when I try to record - so, no luck so far, although I know the camera is talking to the PC and there are no connection problems...

Eric Addison September 13th, 2009 05:45 PM

As far as I know, exporting to Canon 24f HDV isn't supported by PPro...not sure why not.