Help with CS4 - Export to Tape Canon XH-A1 - Time Sensitive!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 10th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help with CS4 - Export to Tape Canon XH-A1 - Time Sensitive!!!

I am having a big problem exporting to a tape using Adobe CS4 and my Canon XH-A1. The project is HDV at 24fps. The problem is that the "Export to Tape" function is grayed out and simply will not work. I know there has to be something simple I am overlooking, but the pressure is on, as this film has been accepted to a festival which requires mini-dv tapes. Please help as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Tim Altonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Trustee

Might look here: Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * Export a sequence to tape with device control

HDV export to tape works only in windows, only with device control. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the 24 frame Canon format is not a true 24-frame, it is 60i with pulldowns and such that is over my pay grade, but it occurs to me that perhaps the format you are trying to export may make a difference. Perhaps the Canon doesn't recognize what you are sending?

Also firewire on the XHa1 can be a little twitchy, particularly on the first version with the 4-pin firewire plug, make sure that the camera is talking to the computer....in working with the Canon Console software I often found that a little touch on the firewire cable could easily make or break the contact....best of luck! / Battle Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

XH-A1 + CS4 Export to Tape grayed out - Big Problem!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a big problem exporting to a tape using Adobe CS4 and my Canon XH-A1. The project is HDV at 24fps. The problem is that the "Export to Tape" function is grayed out and simply will not work. The camera is connected to the computer and is shown to be "Online". I know there has to be something simple I am overlooking, but the pressure is on, as this film has been accepted to a festival which requires mini-dv tapes. Please help as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

See my reply to this question in the Canon XH forum.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the help, I'm now getting the "Check the HDV/DV input" message when I try to record - so, no luck so far, although I know the camera is talking to the PC and there are no connection problems...
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew

As far as I know, exporting to Canon 24f HDV isn't supported by PPro...not sure why not.
Eric Addison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite