Premiere Pro 1.5.1 available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 28th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #1
Trustee

Premiere Pro 1.5.1 available

The Premiere Pro 1.5.1 update is available for download.

And if you have Aspect HD, it will soon allow you to write back to tape. Watch for the Aspect HD upgrade to be released shortly.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

Captures from, and exports back to tape. Finally.
Old March 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The current version of Aspect HD (2.5b) is already configured to support PPro 1.5.1. So the new Premiere can be used directly from Aspect HD. To the new Premiere HDV capture tool can capture directly into an Aspect HD project, and export to tape functions today straight from an Aspect HD timeline. Finally. But more is to come Aspect HD 3.0 is very close will even more speed, more quality and control.
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:14 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Is Aspect HD 3.0 going to be a free upgrade from 2.5 ie do I need to postpone my purchase of the Aspect / Premiere package :-) ?

Andrew Hall
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:25 AM   #4
Trustee

David,

I don't get the same Export to Tape option in a Cineform preset project as I do from the native Premiere Pro project. It is disabled.

Can you tell us how it is supposed to work?
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:42 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Andrew,

Aspect HD 3.0 will be a free upgrade.

David.
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:45 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

<<<-- Originally posted by Steven Gotz : David,

I don't get the same Export to Tape option in a Cineform preset project as I do from the native Premiere Pro project. It is disabled.

Can you tell us how it is supposed to work? -->>>

Go into preferences and set your device control to "HDV Device Control", plug in your HDV camera and the "Export to tape" option will be available.

David.
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

So no reason to buy Aspect HD now? I can just use the Premeire Pro 1.51 version and get the same features?
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM   #8
Trustee

Oh, sorry. No.

You get realtime editing with Aspect HD. You don't with just Premiere Pro. Aspect HD provides extra realtime effects and transitions. A much better deal.

You spent a lot on a camera, a lot on a NLE. You might as well spend the extra money to get the best editing solution available. I am a big Aspect HD fan. Check out my HDV page and you'll see!
Old March 2nd, 2005, 12:16 AM   #9
Trustee

Another missing feature that will be a bummer for some people is that the 1.5.1 update apparently only ships with the Cineform Directshow codec, and not the Video for Windows codec.

Consequently there will be a number of programs, including perhaps After Effects, that wouldn't be able to open the Cineform avi files that 1.5.1 plugin produces.

(I have no direct experience with this as yet - I'm just reading from the pdf file that comes with 1.5.1).
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 11:56 PM   #10
Major Player

It appears you can't use the codec in other programs besides 1.5.1. Shame, I do alot of work outside of Premiere with my footage, then bring it back into Premiere. Can't do that with this update. That is their way of getting you to pay $500 for their codec.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM   #11
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Kyle Edwards : It appears you can't use the codec in other programs besides 1.5.1. Shame, I do alot of work outside of Premiere with my footage, then bring it back into Premiere. Can't do that with this update. That is their way of getting you to pay $500 for their codec. -->>>

What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to? After Effects or other non-Adobe programs?
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:58 AM   #12
Trustee

Ok, so like every damn editor INCLUDING iMovie now edits HDV.....except the "industry standard" Final Cut Pro? My ex-wife (the PC) isn't looking to bad these days....
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:34 AM   #13
Trustee

>>What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to?

I tried the AspectHD demo, and the CFHD codec was available for in, for example, AfterEffects, Virtualdub, TMPGenc and Procoder .... making it very useful for general video tasks well beyond Premiere.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:00 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Steven: can you give us a quick summary of what HDV editing tasks work in real time with Aspect HD? I've heard it may be a fairly short list of effects.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:09 AM   #15
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Graham Hickling : >>What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to?
I tried the AspectHD demo, and the CFHD codec was available for in, for example, AfterEffects, Virtualdub, TMPGenc and Procoder .... making it very useful for general video tasks well beyond Premiere. -->>>

Yeah, if you can't work on the file in AE then the included codec with Premeire Pro 1.5.1 is basically useless for a lot of people and we need to buy the $500 version from Cineform.
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite