DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   rolling the Credits (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/40315-rolling-credits.html)

Adam Rench February 28th, 2005 11:17 PM

rolling the Credits

What product do you all use to create your credits for your movies? I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.1 (yes, you saw that right, the update is here!), but I just want to get some rolling credits at the end of the movie that looks professional.

What's the best way to get that? I also have just ordered After Effects 6.5 Pro. I'm brand spankin' new to this stuff though, which is why I'm inquiring about all of this

Lloyd Coleman March 1st, 2005 09:50 AM

The Title Designer in Premiere Pro will do a nice job. You can choose fonts, colors, shadows, fill, etc and then have the text roll up, down, or sideways. You can control the speed as well as having it pause at the beginning and/or end, etc.

There are other options, but for most work I think the Title Designer in PPro works quote well. Have a look at the help files in the application for all the options and details.

Adam Rench March 1st, 2005 11:07 AM

so Ppro has it built right in then huh? I was checking out the help, but only could find the Title tool, which I couldn't even get into.

I'll keep checking into it though. thanks for the reply. :)

Lloyd Coleman March 1st, 2005 11:22 AM

Culbert,

It's not real intutitive to open. Go to 'File', choose 'new', choose 'title' and a new window will open up (F9 is a shortcut). Inside the title designer you have text and drawing tools on the left and fonts and font effects on the right. Above you can choose a still title or roling and crawling titles. You also have paramaters for the rolling titles to the right of the box where you selected 'rolling' that allow you to specify pre and post roll timing, etc. For the rolling titles to work well you have to place the text inside a text box. You can select one by clicking the box below the 'T' on the left hand side. You can then fill it with text, save it ('file' 'save as') and place the file on the timeline. You can adjust the duration of the file on the timeline to determine how fast the text moves.

Take a look around and I think you will find the title tool quite powerful.

Have fun.

Adam Rench March 2nd, 2005 09:04 PM

Thanks a ton Lloyd. I'm doing up a title right now!

Pete Bauer March 2nd, 2005 09:07 PM

And on top of that, once you start playing around with AE 6.5, the EFFECTS you can do will make you feel like a kid in a candystore. Nevertheless, the Titler in PPro is a vast improvement over earlier versions and will do a fine job at all but the wildest stuff, which is where AE takes over.

Adam Rench March 5th, 2005 07:31 PM

Just got AE in the mail. Pro Version too. I'm an Adobe Junkie I think.

Jiri Fiala March 5th, 2007 08:53 AM

Type your credits in Photoshop (one really HIGH document), and then run it in After Effects from bottom to top with Motion Blur enabled. Motion Blur will add extra touch - motion will not be that jerky.

Mike Teutsch March 5th, 2007 09:32 AM

Jiri,

Same date of the month, but this is a two year old thread! :)

Mike