rolling the Credits at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 28th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #1
Major Player

rolling the Credits

What product do you all use to create your credits for your movies? I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.1 (yes, you saw that right, the update is here!), but I just want to get some rolling credits at the end of the movie that looks professional.

What's the best way to get that? I also have just ordered After Effects 6.5 Pro. I'm brand spankin' new to this stuff though, which is why I'm inquiring about all of this
Adam Rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Major Player

The Title Designer in Premiere Pro will do a nice job. You can choose fonts, colors, shadows, fill, etc and then have the text roll up, down, or sideways. You can control the speed as well as having it pause at the beginning and/or end, etc.

There are other options, but for most work I think the Title Designer in PPro works quote well. Have a look at the help files in the application for all the options and details.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:07 AM   #3
Major Player

so Ppro has it built right in then huh? I was checking out the help, but only could find the Title tool, which I couldn't even get into.

I'll keep checking into it though. thanks for the reply. :)
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Major Player

Culbert,

It's not real intutitive to open. Go to 'File', choose 'new', choose 'title' and a new window will open up (F9 is a shortcut). Inside the title designer you have text and drawing tools on the left and fonts and font effects on the right. Above you can choose a still title or roling and crawling titles. You also have paramaters for the rolling titles to the right of the box where you selected 'rolling' that allow you to specify pre and post roll timing, etc. For the rolling titles to work well you have to place the text inside a text box. You can select one by clicking the box below the 'T' on the left hand side. You can then fill it with text, save it ('file' 'save as') and place the file on the timeline. You can adjust the duration of the file on the timeline to determine how fast the text moves.

Take a look around and I think you will find the title tool quite powerful.

Have fun.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks a ton Lloyd. I'm doing up a title right now!
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:07 PM   #6
Wrangler

And on top of that, once you start playing around with AE 6.5, the EFFECTS you can do will make you feel like a kid in a candystore. Nevertheless, the Titler in PPro is a vast improvement over earlier versions and will do a fine job at all but the wildest stuff, which is where AE takes over.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #7
Major Player

Just got AE in the mail. Pro Version too. I'm an Adobe Junkie I think.
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #8
Major Player

Type your credits in Photoshop (one really HIGH document), and then run it in After Effects from bottom to top with Motion Blur enabled. Motion Blur will add extra touch - motion will not be that jerky.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Jiri,

Same date of the month, but this is a two year old thread! :)

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite