Freezing when exporting to mepeg with Premiere 6.5 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 17th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #16
Major Player

If it's 168 you might be up a creek. I'd revise or edit or update the feedback you left for the person on Ebay to note that the software wasn't official, or maybe even contact them and see what they say.

If you can't get a refund out of them, you'll just have to look around for a copy. Post a note on the classifieds on here.

Sorry there's no easy solution.

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #17
New Boot

hey i looked at the program and it looks like it is the official version 198. i am running windows XP. i don't know what the problem is maybe it is me? all i really want to do is be able to burn my movie to dvd. i have heard a little about there being other programs that this is possible with, but i do not want to have spend a lot on another program. thanks for the help!
Patrick Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #18
Major Player

Hmmm...

If it's the official version and it's still freezing, that's pretty odd. Have you tried uninstalling, wiping out any references in the registry, and then reinstalling? That might help if there's a file that's corrupted.

Another trick you can try, if nothing else works, is to break up your mpeg exports into smaller pieces, and when you add them to the DVD (what program are you using to do dvd authoring?) you can just string them together. There shouldn't be any kind of pause between the pieces, but I'm only positive that it works like that in TMPG DVD Author and Roxio's DVD Builder.

Hope this helps...

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #19
Trustee

my neighbor had that problem with winxp/premiere 6.5 freezing on mpeg exports... i quit trying to figure it out when he switched his workflow to encoding everything with a sony dvd deck, and ripping the mpeg back into a dvd authoring program.

figure out at what point in time the freeze is occuring, then export an avi that is longer than that... then start up a new premiere project, import the long avi, and see if that will encode without freezing.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite