adobe premiere 1.5 and adobe audition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 29th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

adobe premiere 1.5 and adobe audition

i was wondering if once one has their sequence completed in their timeline, is it possible to easily go into adobe audition and remove some of the hiss and clicks found in their sound and easily go back into premiere and have the results?

if so, can someone please tell me how to do this?
Joe Mobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Once you are all done editing, you can create a new sequence and import the old one into it. Then select the clip (formerly the old sequence) and use the Clip > Audio Options > Render and Replace - to make it a new WAV file. Then use that in audition.
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Or, with Audition 1.5 you can import a DV AVI source video file--not "Audio from Video", but "Import Video" (watch it there and everything), make your changes, and save it back as the same video file. Then the changes are there in Premiere. Or if you want to save it as a different file, you can just re-link the logged clip in the Ppro project window to the newly remastered video file
Adam Kampia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

premiere 1.5 and audition

i first opened my current project called Movie which loaded the edited movie
this edited movie has under the timeline "Sequence 1"
then
i did File > New > Sequence which created a "Sequence 2" tab

then I did File > Import > and doubled-clicked the Movie file

it showed that it was importing, but nothing showed up on "Sequence 2"

what am I doing wrong?
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

audition and premiere

correct me if I am wrong.....

say the sound file linked to video file is 2 minutes long in premiere pro but I am only using 10seconds of it in my timeline clip. and I want to dehiss and declick the 10 seconds. does that mean I would have to dehiss and declick the whole 2 minutes in audition and then since I'd save it as the same file, the adobe premiere would then have a complete dehissed and declicked sound file, but would only be using the 10 seconds that is required?
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mobic
i first opened my current project called Movie which loaded the edited movie
this edited movie has under the timeline "Sequence 1"
then
i did File > New > Sequence which created a "Sequence 2" tab

then I did File > Import > and doubled-clicked the Movie file

it showed that it was importing, but nothing showed up on "Sequence 2"

what am I doing wrong?
You didn't insert the clip into the the Sequence 2 timeline. Importing a movie only makes it available for use in the project window.
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mobic
correct me if I am wrong.....

say the sound file linked to video file is 2 minutes long in premiere pro but I am only using 10seconds of it in my timeline clip. and I want to dehiss and declick the 10 seconds. does that mean I would have to dehiss and declick the whole 2 minutes in audition and then since I'd save it as the same file, the adobe premiere would then have a complete dehissed and declicked sound file, but would only be using the 10 seconds that is required?
Your analyisis of what woudl happen is correct. But you don;t have to do it that way. Steven provided another option--exporting your 10 seconds of audio, sweetening it in Audition, importing the new wav file into Premiere and replacing the previous audio on the timeline.
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:17 AM   #8
Regular Crew

exporting the 10 second of audio

Since I am very new at this and have been probably alot of questions which may be easy, but how exactly can I import the 10 seconds of audio in question? I've searched the files in my premiere folder where I have all the .avi files, and these files would have the whole 2 minutes instead of the 10 seconds.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Regular Crew

The simplest way to take 10 seconds of audio and fix it in audtion is thus:

1) Set the Work Area bar over the 10 seconds. (by dragging or Alt+[, ] )
2) File-export audio
-Work Area Bar (not Entire Sequence)
3) Open the created .wav in Auditon and fix it.
4) Export new wav file from Aud.
5) Import new wav file into Premiere.
6) Place it on timeline in place of original 10 seconds.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #10
Trustee

Adam's way will work, but if you have a clip on the sequence that is part of a larger clip, using Clip > Audio > Render and Replace will create a WAV file of just that section that is on the sequence, so no need for the workarea setting - unless you want to do more than one track at once.
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:21 AM   #11
Regular Crew

audition

thanks

i got it to work

another item to pick your brains:

i did a dehiss denoise on all my audio files and maybe it helped a bit, however not very noticeable.

what i predominately have in my film are 2 actors talking to each sitting down in a room. For some reason the mic has picked up alot of light thumps or semi noticeable thuds that one can hear if there are pauses between conversations.

what I have done to correct this when there are pauses between conversations, is to highlight the areas and make them "silent", however there are areas that are overlapping with voice. any idea how to reduce that? its subtle, but its there, so if there is a way, i would like to try.\

thanks alot for all the help
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:18 AM   #12
Wrangler

For discrete, distinctive sounds, you usually can see them pretty well in Audition's spectral view. You can select just the frequencies you want to apply effects to or make silent. That can get rid of the unwanted sound without seriously affecting the ambience.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite