DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   499 $ to edit HD formats with Premiere Pro CS4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/465069-499-edit-hd-formats-premiere-pro-cs4.html)

Thomas Planquette October 5th, 2009 03:29 AM

499 $ to edit HD formats with Premiere Pro CS4

We know that Premiere Pro CS4 does not support XDCAM and AVCHD formats because, unlike most professional video editing softwares, it doesn’t export them (you have to buy very expansive Mainconcept plug-in to do it).

This problem is increased by another one, which is even worse : unlike for example Edius Pro and Final Cut Pro, which include for free essentials intra-frame editing codecs (Canopus HQ for Edius and ProRes for Final Cut…) to correctly edit HD videos (XDCAM, HDV, AVCHD…), Premiere Pro CS4 does not : in order to edit HD videos with Premiere Pro CS4 (except P2 from Panasonic which is supported by Premiere), no choice but to buy Cineform codec whose price is 499 $ minimum ( CineForm Inc ) !!

It was important to communicate this information which shows Premiere Pro CS4 only supports non-HD formats (+ P2 from Panasonic), because it is not said at all on Premiere Pro CS4 documentation.

Pete Bauer October 5th, 2009 06:04 AM

You've made this point already in other threads. If you haven't already done so, submit a feature request to Adobe since none of us knows what additional support may or may not be included in the impending 4.2 update. If they don't come through for you, perhaps it will be necessary for you to move to another NLE.

In the meantime, I'll continue editing my HDV and AVCHD natively footage on CS4 and rendering to a delivery format.

Roger Averdahl October 5th, 2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Planquette (Post 1427885)
...no choice but to buy Cineform codec whose price is 499 $ minimum ( CineForm Inc ) !!

NeoScene is cheaper and includes the same codec. There is no need to but NeoHD for exporting purposes only.

Have you contacted Adobe reagrding this? Creating multiple threads in several forums wont change a thing while filing Feature Requests will. File Feature Requests to Adobe if you will see any change. If you dont, nothing will happen.

Eric Addison October 5th, 2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Planquette (Post 1427885)
We know that Premiere Pro CS4 does not support XDCAM and AVCHD formats because, unlike most professional video editing softwares, it doesn’t export them (you have to buy very expansive Mainconcept plug-in to do it).

I own an EX-3, and PPro CS4 edits the footage natively, and I've cut AVCHD footage natively from a Panasonic HMC-150, so I don't know how you can say PPro CS4 doesn't support XDCAM or AVCHD formats...

As for exporting them, I can export them just fine....

Joachim Hoge November 11th, 2009 05:57 PM

If you can please tell me how. We are editing using Premiere and Final cut. FC i sthe main machine, we now have a timeline in Premiere (XDCAM EX 720 25p) that I would like to export out as a native XDCAM file BPAV folder and everything.
CAn this be done in Premiere? I know I can do it from FC, but it would be a pain for us to go that way and end up on the PC.
Please help me out.

Eric Addison November 12th, 2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joachim Hoge (Post 1445995)
If you can please tell me how. We are editing using Premiere and Final cut. FC i sthe main machine, we now have a timeline in Premiere (XDCAM EX 720 25p) that I would like to export out as a native XDCAM file BPAV folder and everything.
CAn this be done in Premiere? I know I can do it from FC, but it would be a pain for us to go that way and end up on the PC.
Please help me out.

Premiere Pro doesn't export out to a BPAV folder in XDCAM format, but you can export out to any number of other formats...I don't see why you would want to export out to a BPAV folder - can you explain more about your workflow and why you need that?