DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Jumping on speeded up panning shots ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/465320-jumping-speeded-up-panning-shots.html)

Mat Thompson October 8th, 2009 12:18 PM

Jumping on speeded up panning shots ?

Hi guys

Just a quick question. I have a few panning shots (wide establishers). They are a touch slow for the edit so I've speeded up to 115%! I have horrible jumping in the resulting output! - I have noticed this before but to lesser levels. Can anyone suggest anything ?

Many thanks
Mat

Marty Baggen October 8th, 2009 01:06 PM

Mat... you may find a solution with the Field Options (right-click your clip) for the target clip.

If I remember right, I have achieved smooth motion with varied speeds by "interlacing consecutive frames".

Tripp Woelfel October 8th, 2009 07:34 PM

Also try turning Frame Blending off (right click clip and de-select)and render a preview to see if it works better.

Bob Hart October 9th, 2009 12:07 AM

Your faster playback speed might need a slight cut to the source clip so that it totals a clean multiple of the final number of frames you want to play back for the speeded up version.

Otherwise the software is going to have to do some frame-blending here and there which is where the hiccups will occur.

Mat Thompson October 12th, 2009 01:18 PM

Hi guys

Yeah I did wonder about making it a 'safe' increase in the amount speeded up. But you'd think the software would be intelligent enough to regulate this! - Its not a frame blending issue.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue before ? - This one has been particularly bad but I've had it more mildly before.

Its 25p 720 footage - mpeg1 - jvc gy hd110

Mat

Bob Hart October 12th, 2009 08:56 PM

QUOTE:

"But you'd think the software would be intelligent enough to regulate this!"

Western societies are freedom loving people. Just imagine if the software writers put up tiles which declared - "you cannot do this - return to GO" or "you will obey - return to GO and do what the manual tells you".

It would be a little more honest if they did. There would not be rioting consumers and blood on the streets but the software might not sell so well anymore.

Marketing of a product is based on declaring what it can do, not what it can't. I don't envy them as they try to navigate that fine ethical line, assuming they bother.

Maybe that is why some people ramp the framerate when applying a speed-up effect. Would that tend to cover fractional cadence artifacts?

Hopefully somebody who knows will tell soon. Please do not ascribe my comments as having any qualification. I am short sighted, partly colourblind and failed maths from grade 5 onwards, so in this instance I am particularly unqualified.