DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Windows 7 Pro 64 & Premier Pro CS4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/466842-windows-7-pro-64-premier-pro-cs4.html)

Denny Kyser October 30th, 2009 09:21 PM

Windows 7 Pro 64 & Premier Pro CS4

anyone running this combination yet, I am now running vista business 64 bit and CS4, and have the upgrade here but have not installed it yet, I am almost finished editing a wedding, figured I would finish that first.

I do have everything backed up, my HD cloned etc so hoping it will be a smooth upgrade.

Thanks for any advice.

Marty Baggen October 31st, 2009 09:28 AM

I've had two issues with this combo, and neither may apply to you.

First.. the Cineform/CS4 non-integration is now about ready to celebrate its first birthday.

Second... Windows 7 seems to have a problem with some motherboards with their on board eSATA connection. The simple and cheap solution was the addition of a PCI eSATA controller card.

All in all, I think you'll be pleased with your upgrade.

Harm Millaard October 31st, 2009 02:58 PM

Use the following steps:

1. Finish your project first
2. Deactivate Adobe programs
3. Make a clean install of Win7
4. Install Adobe and reactivate

Be aware that currently BRD burning is not possible under Win7. Microsoft is working on that, but for the time being you need a patch from Adobe.

Denny Kyser October 31st, 2009 05:30 PM

Microsoft assures me that the upgrade from Vista business 64 bit to Win 7 Pro 64 is an easy upgrade, no reason for a fresh install, have you heard different?

Harm Millaard October 31st, 2009 10:25 PM

When you upgrade all your installed programs are moved to a new directory called Windows.old

Adobe programs do not start from this directory. You need to activate again. That is why I suggested to deactivate first. At least this happened to me, so I went for a clean install. It cost me an activation, but I'll contact Adobe to rectify that when I need to.

Roger Wilson November 2nd, 2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny Kyser (Post 1440921)
Microsoft assures me that the upgrade from Vista business 64 bit to Win 7 Pro 64 is an easy upgrade, no reason for a fresh install, have you heard different?

I just recently upgraded from Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. To be on the safe side I did deactive my Adobe and iTunes applications. After the upgrade, I reactivated both. In all it took a couple of hours but everything came back up fine.

Steve Kalle November 2nd, 2009 09:26 PM

Roger and anyone else: what other major programs and what video hardware are you running on 7 x64?

I am running Vista x64 and have 7 x64 Ultimate waiting to be installed. I am having issues w/ my 1 month old Vista install and hope it was due to crappy Matrox drivers from the Mini or from running 2 different Raid cards (3ware 9650 & new Areca 1680ix); so, I plan on installing 7 within the next few days but need feedback before I do.

Jerry Porter November 2nd, 2009 09:28 PM

Matrox software is like a Virus that will kill any system it seems I am doing a complete reinstall right now for the same reasons

Roger Wilson November 3rd, 2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kalle (Post 1441971)
Roger and anyone else: what other major programs and what video hardware are you running on 7 x64?

I'm running the full Adobe Master Creative Suite, Maya, Cineform Prospect HD, Apple iTunes, Apple QuickTime, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Visual Studio.

The video card is nVidia Quatro FX3500.

Steve Kalle November 3rd, 2009 06:36 PM

After reading about all the problems on Matrox's forums, it seems that Matrox only cares about Macs and that PCs get poorly designed drivers or no drivers for a long time. The Mini with Max drivers for the PC was just released- almost a yr after the hardware was released.

Roger Shealy November 3rd, 2009 06:54 PM

I just upgraded from Vista 64 to Win 7 and am having problems with internet on downloads and video streaming. Crashes the adapter every time, have to disable/enable and start back. I just spent 2 hours with Microsoft on the phone, they will call back in 2 days after researching.........

I did not deactivate CS4 (didn't know I needed to when loading).

Battle Vaughan November 3rd, 2009 11:54 PM

I just upgraded from vista ultimate 32 to win 7 ultimate 32, as a 1:1 direct upgrade. Everything works so far, although the system says Adobe Encore CS4 is incompatable (loads and works ok so far, don't know what the problem might be)

Anyway, according to the instructions, you only have to deactivate and reinstall if you are doing a custom install -- like from 32 bit to 64 bit --- or doing a clean install, which would altogether probably be the best way, but reinstalling a TON of apps with all their tweaks and updates getting lost in the process, plus trying to find all the license keys --- fugeddaboudit! All my apps and settings are there, when I get a new box I will move up to 64bit and go through the agony of reinstalling..... / Battle Vaughan