Problems copying & pasting audio between projects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems copying & pasting audio between projects

Has anyone encountered the inability to copy audio from a sequence/timeline in one project to another?

I am trying to create a compilation using footage from several projects. When I copy content from a timeline/sequence from one project & then open a new project and paste into a new timeline/sequence the video portion is copied but the audio has gone, the block exists in the timeline but there is no waveform or sound (original footage has only one video and one stereo audio track - no transitions or effects added).

There must be a way to do this - any ideas? I have to render portion wanted as a movie and then import to new project - a time consuming solution!!

This has occured with P Pro 2 / CS2 / CS3 but I haven't ever worked around it.

Cheers
Matthew Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Do you have Soundbooth?

If so, highlight the audio portion you wish to use in your original project. Right click it and select "Render and Replace". This will open Soundbooth and open that audio portion in Soundbooth. Then just click "File" and choose "Save As". This will save the audio as a separate file, that can then be imported back to Premiere ands used in any other project.

If you have Soundbooth......

If not, can you save just the audio portion as a .wav or .mp3 and then import it into the new project?
James Workman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite