Encore CS3 compatibility with Windows 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Encore CS3 compatibility with Windows 7

Windows 7 upgrade advisor says of Encore CS3 there may be issues running this programme under Win 7 and recommends uninstalling the programme before installing Win 7.

Does anyone have expererience of this issue?

Is it possible to get Encore CS3 working with Win 7, or do I need to upgrade to Encore CS4?
Steve Pesenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Just upgraded from Vista 64 to win 7 64. I tried the upgrade path but it just hangs up in the middle of installation, waited for 3 hours and nothing happens, so I just re-installed from scratch and takes only 30 min. with i7 920 system.

Jun
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #3
Trustee

I upgraded from vista 32 to win7 32, encore works on my system for standard dvd's. I understand there is some issue with blu-ray that I believe, but am not certain, is the win7 problem. /Battle Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Vaughan View Post
I upgraded from vista 32 to win7 32, encore works on my system for standard dvd's. I understand there is some issue with blu-ray that I believe, but am not certain, is the win7 problem. /Battle Vaughan
With Encore CS4 if I open Encore with my BR Burner enabled it will freeze my system - No Ctrl Alt Delete. Total crash, so I have to disable it via device manager and output to a ISO which I prefer anyways.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Battle. That's useful.

Can you confirm you are using Encore CS3 as opposed to CS4?
Steve Pesenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
With Encore CS4 if I open Encore with my BR Burner enabled it will freeze my system - No Ctrl Alt Delete. Total crash, so I have to disable it via device manager and output to a ISO which I prefer anyways.
Initial information I got was that Win7 has some problems with BR encoding/burning that Microsoft is aware of and working on. In the meantime Adobe has a patch, that you may get through TS.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Major Player

I have a pioneer BDR-203 and Encore CS3 installed in my system and Blu ray burning works fine. I think the best thing is to install windows from scratch. Re-format your hard drive and fresh install windows 7 as I did and Premiere CS3 and Encore CS3 works flawlessly even with blu ray burning.

Jun
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I currently have Premiere and Encore CS3 working with Windows XP. I just started using the EX1 and started editing the HQ footage. No problems editing the footage and burning to SD DVD. However, I'm going to purchase the Pioneer BDR-205. Do I need to upgrade to Windows 7 and or CS4 to start burning Blu-Ray? Also how much RAM should I have? Any other info and system requirements to edit and burn Blu-Ray with a PC would be greatful!! Thanks
Al Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
Initial information I got was that Win7 has some problems with BR encoding/burning that Microsoft is aware of and working on. In the meantime Adobe has a patch, that you may get through TS.
Are you refering to the Roxio pxhlp driver patch? I ran that but it did nothing.

I have to disable the Blu-Ray drive in device manager to get any sense out of Encore CS4 in Win7.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #10
Inner Circle

I have the same problem with Encore CS4 in Windows 7 Ultimate. I am going to try disable to BD drive to see if it works.
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Major Player

I had a lot of issues with CS and Win 7 when working with Blu-Ray and the following blog post resolved it. I applied the patch (talked about a few posts up) and that took care of things. Here is the link: DAV's TechTable: CS4 and Windows 7

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite