Lost in the sauce with CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Lost in the sauce with CS4

Ok so Im taking a trip to afghan and I cant take my avid workstation with me.... i made the move to adobe along with a new dell ruggedized laptop.

My thing is im so stuck around avid im having difficulties using premier. I dont have a lot of time before we leave... today is the first day I attempted using premier and I leave next thursday.

No matter how I try to capture my footage it appears to be somewhat distorted by lines. Im sure its something to do with the project type or export settings. Any help would be great. A basic walkthrough would help the most if any one has experience with premier....I also use sonys Z1U and V1U if that makes a diff.

Thanks
Charles Mabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Download HDVSplit, a free capture utility that does everything Adobe should have done a long time ago, but still doesn't: Scene detection, preview, no OOS (out-of-sync) errors.

It is way better than PR for capturing, as is Scenalyzer for SD material.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #3
New Boot

I use HDV split too, it is much better having the scene detection.

Just one more thing, the video you playback in Premiere is a preview only, its not the quality that you will end up with. There are settings somewhere where you can adjust the preview video qualiy (sorry I don't have access to Premiere right now to say where there settings are).
Gordon George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Trustee

The menu icon in the top right of the program monitor allows for Highest Quality setting.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Also check if there is a red line along the top of your timeline, if so it means you have to render the footage. Press your enter key and it will render the work area and then the line will turn green.
Gregory Gesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Wrangler

Why can't you install AVID on your laptop? Too slow?
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks gents,

I have things running a little smoother at the moment, still not where I want them but will work for now. the main thing I found was the camera setting differed from my capture settings (duh) .

As far as avid goes, I could install xpress pro but then I have to worry about those damn dongle.... not what I would want to break in the middle of afgan... I do miss avid already though :(

Thanks again!
Charles Mabry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite