DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Me, my pc and my xh a1s just can't jump the fence to the world of premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/470741-me-my-pc-my-xh-a1s-just-cant-jump-fence-world-premiere.html)

Salvis Are January 10th, 2010 10:22 AM

Me, my pc and my xh a1s just can't jump the fence to the world of premiere

I love the world of Premiere so much, but the problem is XHA1s capture..
After sitting ages in google, I just dunno, hand doesn't raise any more, if u know what I mean.
Yes, I tried trial of Vegas. Looks nice, but it wasn't enough for me. Premiere for me is just so much better. Then I tried trial for Premiere, but it doesn't like my XHA1s.. Yes, I read all the threads and tried too many things already.. ;/
So what then, Vegas?

Harm Millaard January 10th, 2010 11:17 AM

The trial does not support anything MPEG, as is clearly stated on the Adobe site. But rest assured the XH-A1 is fully supported.

Salvis Are January 10th, 2010 02:21 PM

mmmmmhhhh

yeah, well
ok, let's say, I buy the software..
I would be with shaking hands, cause I have no guarantee that it will support my xha1s..
as you can see in many threads before, for example..
I just dunno what to do with myself

Harm Millaard January 10th, 2010 03:09 PM

Try it and use the 30-day refund possibility if not satisfied.

Richard Wakefield January 10th, 2010 03:39 PM

the secret is to NOT use Premiere for capturing HD footage from the XH-A1.

trust me, download and use a free and tiny program called HDV-Split. It recognises the XH-A1 every single time without fail. not only that, but it captures scene by scene (each scene is a separate mpeg), which makes editing in PPro an absolute breeze.

Salvis Are January 10th, 2010 04:41 PM

hey

I do use HDVSplit..
then the m2t file is not recogniseable
of course i have trial now, cause i wanna try it, but then in trial it doesn't support any mpeg, u know..
but if i buy cs4, i buy from usa, cause there is cheaper even if the postage is included
and then with all the return policy things it is just a madness
does your cs4 support m2t???

Harm Millaard January 10th, 2010 05:47 PM

Yes it does, but then I have the Master Collection CS4.

Battle Vaughan January 10th, 2010 05:49 PM

This link will tell you all about the formats PPro supports: Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * File formats supported for import

I have imported direct into PPro from HDV on the XHa1 with no problems, fwiw.

/Battle Vaughan

Salvis Are January 11th, 2010 01:40 AM

superb

Thanx, guys!!!
Much appreciate :)

Bo Sundvall January 11th, 2010 01:26 PM

HDVSplit and Win7

Hi

I havn't had HDVSplit to run under Windows7 (64 Ultimate). It does start but in most cases it crashes. I've tried all possible (I think) setups and start alternatives but with the same result.

I can confrm that Adobe CS4 Premiere Pro handles my XH-A1 without problems and capture from within Premiere Pro is working. As scene detection doesn't work during HDV capture in Premiere, and HDVSplit cant be used to capture with, my workaround is to capture with Premiere Pro and then run HDVSplt on the captured mpeg-file and have it do the scene detection as this works.

Regards,

/Bo

Brett Griffin January 12th, 2010 07:50 PM

HDV Split 0.77beta

HDV Split 0.77beta works fine under Win7 ultimate

Download HDVSplit 0.77 beta - HDVSplit is a free utility that is able to capture from HDV camcorders and split to scenes like it is common for DV camcorders - Softpedia

Bo Sundvall January 13th, 2010 03:35 AM

Hi

Do you run 32 or 64 bit version of Win7? I can't get it to work on 64bit even when runnig it in different older modes and/or as administrator. It seems as it sometimes captures but with scene detection and/or preview it crashes.

/Bo

Salvis Are January 14th, 2010 03:40 AM

hiya

I will run 64 win7, but i hvnt tried yet... at the end of this month i will and then i can tell u!!!
Cheerio.