DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   corecting image which out of focus (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/473196-corecting-image-out-focus.html)

Primoz Lazar February 19th, 2010 06:12 AM

corecting image which out of focus

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to repair image which is out of focus?
I am using CS4 collection.

Thank you, Bye

James Miller February 19th, 2010 06:23 AM

Hi Primoz,

Is this a still image or video?.

With video and assuming you have tried the array of sharpening tools you could try scaling. A bit like a photo you could scale the image down and applying a sharpening filter.

Open the segment in Photoshop CS4. Convert the layer to a 'smart layer' scale the video down to 720 or SD sizes and add sharpen or USM to taste. Then render back out.

If you had 1080 file and scaled to 720 the image would hold up better to sharpening.

This only works if the focus is just off. If the detail has gone its gone.

Have you an example frame you could post?

Primoz Lazar February 19th, 2010 06:54 AM

Hello,

I have video image, What exactly should i do ? I can post image later cause I am not at home now :)

Harm Millaard February 19th, 2010 08:21 AM

Best results and easiest is Reshoot.

Primoz Lazar February 19th, 2010 10:48 AM

hehe tanks ;) i know.

James Miller February 19th, 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primoz Lazar (Post 1488119)
Hello,

I have video image, What exactly should i do ? I can post image later cause I am not at home now :)

Hi Primoz, What resolution is your footage?

Primoz Lazar February 19th, 2010 01:15 PM

Hello,

It is HDV: 1080 x 1440

James Miller February 19th, 2010 04:45 PM

Ok thanks, can't really judge until I can see the footage or a few grabs.

BR, James

Marty Welk February 19th, 2010 06:10 PM

in CS can you apply the "smart Sharpen" filter properly set, is the one filter in photoshop that can do something for a minor blurring. Ask it to remove Gausian blur, and adjust the radius perfectally.
proper application of an "unsharp mask" with the right settings (again) would be a possiblity too, with the right threshold you can keep from sharpening the noise TOO.
and In noise removal the "reduce noise" can mix up the sharpeneing with some noise filtering , if the picture is soft AND still has grain noise that would be undesirable to sharpen so you can in one pass, remove some noise, then sharpen what is left.

Stephen Armour February 20th, 2010 04:53 PM

If it's video of a person (or several people), concentrate very carefully on their eyes and sometimes you don't have to sweat the rest. That's where your viewers will notice it the most.

AE can sometimes do wonders with slightly out-of-focus material.

Ann Bens March 7th, 2010 04:22 PM

Copy footage from track 1 and paste it into track 2: superimpose.
Apply Sharpen to track 2 and set it to about 30.
Lower Opacity between 50 an 70.
In worst cases you might want to try Convolution Kernel Sharpen in the same way as described above.