Looking for best PC Configuration to be used with Premiere Pro on CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for best PC Configuration to be used with Premiere Pro on CS4

Hi

I am having difficulty with my Dell Dimension 8400 series(bought in 2005) 2.8GHz & 2 GB MEM and plenty of HDD space when using Adobe Master Suite CS4/ Premiere Pro CS4 with freezing after few seconds of play on time line. I was using Sony ClipBrowser s/ware to transfer the clips to the Sequence windo.

Because of this problem I have now decided to upgrade my Dell system to another Dell system. Is there any one who can recommend a good Dell system to run CS4 without having any problem specially slowing down when rendering, freezing problems when playing on monitor or in time line, etc...I am using PAL colour.

I am sorry if this this is not the correct forum for my query. Ur reply/advice is much appreciated. Thanks
Pushpa
Brisbane
Pushpanatha de Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
New Boot

RE: Dell

Hi Puspalantha,
I'm using Dell Precision T5400 workstation with dual quadcore xeon processors and its doing damn good working on CS4 and sony xdcam files.Its really smooth.The one thing you must have is a very fast external hard drive with eSATA connector, such as hard drives from GTech.
Nimesh Shrestha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Trustee

Pushpa,

Sorry to hear you have already decided to get another Dell system. It is costly to get a decent Dell system. A basic configuration is already over € 11 K and then you still need the necessary expansions and enhancements.

You may be better off building one yourself.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Trustee

For a fairly inexpensive Dell setup that has worked very well for me with CS4:
The Dell XPS 435T with Win7 64 bit, 12 GB RAM, Intel i7 processor.
I bought it with just an 800 GB system drive and added two 1 TB drives myself, configured as RAID 0. The 435 has an eSATA port for adding a fast external drive for export, etc.
Whatever you end up getting, IMO to have a stable system for CS4 HD editing you should have the very latest multi core processor, 64 bit OS (Win7),at least 12 GB RAM, and RAID drives.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Trustee

I'm not sure what Dell system this would equate to, but I can say that my i7 920, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GT250 card, 7200rpm disks (not in RAID) on an Asus P6T motherboard has been uber-stable with CS4, not too costly, and good performance.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite