Need help from someone with Adobe Flash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Need help from someone with Adobe Flash

Hey,

Is there anyone who could lend a hand with a project I have for work?

I have a few very short .swf programs that I need converted to either a quicktime format or an AVI format. I'm really in a bind as this is one of the very few types of files I cannot work with.

Please let me know if you can help out.

Thanks,

-P
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Trustee

I found this in the Flash on-line forum, might work: Convert SWF to AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV with powerful SWF to AVI Converter.

I would offer to convert for you but I am a total Flash ignoramous. The poster in the Adobe flash forum said Flash will only do simple swf conversions but he uses this above mentioned program in preference to doing it in Flash...hth / Battle Vaughan / video_man@comcast.net
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thank you sir! I'll give it a try and report back.

-P
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Trustee

I could have sworn that AE CS4 can do it (a new feature).

I have both AE & Flash CS4 as well as TMPGEnc Xpress (I think it can import swf also). If you still need help, let me know.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kalle View Post
I could have sworn that AE CS4 can do it (a new feature).

I have both AE & Flash CS4 as well as TMPGEnc Xpress (I think it can import swf also). If you still need help, let me know.
I still do need help. That program worked, but unless you spend the $50, it puts a stamp over everything. And CS4 may very well do this, but I don't have it. I posted in this section because it's an Adobe format, and thought I would have the most success finding help here.
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Trustee

Send me an email.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #7
Trustee

Flash CS3 and 4 have an export movie function, but it's apparently not that simple ... I only have Flash because it came in the production suite, never used it...and the learning curve appears to be impenetrable, at least to my increasing senility....I tried to import a swf file and the myriad choices --- player 10? Action script? --- well, I never hit one that I could make work....apparently you have to create a flash project and then do some kind of incantations and slight-of-hand to make it work...wish I could be more help, Perrone...! /BV
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I appreciate it. I'll present this pay-for-play option and see how it flies.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite