CS4 Premeire Pro export directly to DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Major Player

CS4 Premeire Pro export directly to DVD

I recently upgraded to CS4 and am attempting to export directly from PPro to DVD, but it appears that you must go thru Encore to burn a DVD.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, you will need to use Encore for burning DVDs. In Premiere, choose "file -> Adobe Dynamic Link -> Send to Encore". Encore will ask you to create a new project. After that, the bare minimum you will need to do is to click on the timeline in the project panel in Encore, then go to the properties panel and click the arrow to the left of "End Action" and choose "Stop". Then go to the build panel and choose "Build".
Mitch Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Major Player

I understand about going to Encore. I should have stated that information.

I wanted try a burn directly from PPro to see if the results could improve. Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly in Encore, I don't know. The problem is my 2 minutes video of an outdoor activity is very pixelated especially when the camera pans, even slowly. I am shooting in Standard Def. I chose the following settings:

Transcode setting are:

Quality present 7mb VBR 2 pass

Check max. render quality

Then edit quality setting to MPEG-@DVD with same 7mb 2 pass

Click ok and burned the DVD. The quality, however is significantly less than it is during edting (viewing the same HDTV).
Old March 31st, 2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Major Player

Does Encore have the compressed footage designated as "not transcoded" or does Encore think the video needs transcoding? That's a fairly beefy bitrate.

Premiere Pro only burned DVDs directly in one version...if I recall correctly, I think it was CS2...the feature didn't exist previously, and hasn't existed since.
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Major Player

After dynamically linking to Encore it shows the file to be untranscoded. I set the transcode settings searching for a better final result.
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Bill. Im using CS3 but in PPro I select the project and use File/Export/Export to Encore and then an Export Settings window appears. Input your settings and then the transcode etc starts happening and Encore opens automatically. Works for me and trust that helps.
Gregory Gesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rankin View Post
I understand about going to Encore. I should have stated that information.

I wanted try a burn directly from PPro to see if the results could improve. Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly in Encore, I don't know. The problem is my 2 minutes video of an outdoor activity is very pixelated especially when the camera pans, even slowly. I am shooting in Standard Def. I chose the following settings:

Transcode setting are:

Quality present 7mb VBR 2 pass

Check max. render quality

Then edit quality setting to MPEG-@DVD with same 7mb 2 pass

Click ok and burned the DVD. The quality, however is significantly less than it is during edting (viewing the same HDTV).

For a 2 min video there is no reason to use variable bitrate, try cbr 2 pass
Also check that your sequence settings match your footage in size, frame rate, and field order. If you are de-interlacing you will notice a drop in qualty

Martin
Martin Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I am doing the same as Gregory (above) in CS3...No Problems. I up the quality slider to 5 and bit rates around 7.5 & 5-5.5 respectively once in Encore. Works fine.
Not sure about CS4 though.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #9
Major Player

It is still noticeably lesser quality when burned to DVD as opposed to outputting to the same HDTV from my editing computer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite