Help burning my Video to DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 7th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help burning my Video to DVD

I'm using Premiere CS3 and from PPro I will export to encore. After export encore does not automatically open up like it should. It is like nothing happened. This is a 5DII file and it takes over 8hrs to export. When I look into the folder where the exported files are saved I saw three files. One wave file, one mov file and xmpse file. I have done this over four times now with no luck. Please I need help from you Guys with more experience. Is there any other way to burn this video without using encore?
John Okafor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I think the mov file may be your problem.... it's not a DVD format. Try just using one of the presets and see if it works. I do this all the time and it always works perfectly.

Obviously, the version of Premiere you are using is paid for, registered, activated and updated to 3.2.0, yes?

Just as a test, choose a short section of your timeline with your work area bar, and after you choose "Export to Encore..." go to the "settings" button and choose NTSC Widescreen Medium Quality. Make sure "Work Area" is selected from the dropdown list rather than "Entire Project." See if it works then.
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes my Premiere is registered but I don't know if it is up to date. I will try what you recommend. Another thing is that I do not get this issue from Canon GL2 video. I can export to encore with no problem.

thanks
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Adam it was the mov issue. I purchased neoscene and converted the files to avi and everything works fine.
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Trustee

just use premiere to export to encore.

It will first render these files to m2v format and a separate wav file. No MOV and No AVI. Keep your dynamic link/bridge open. as well.

Once the files are rendered, Encore will open automatically and you'll see the m2v and wav file on your encore timeline.

Try not to use AVI or MOV, and keep your bridge open. hope this helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite