DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Voice over in premiere - problem when punch in (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/476848-voice-over-premiere-problem-when-punch.html)

Bo Skelmose April 15th, 2010 02:24 AM

Voice over in premiere - problem when punch in

Hi'
I have this problem that I cannot resolve. When listning to the output of the computer - the sound from the input to the output is delayed. That give the problem when doing a voice over that your own speach is delayed in the earphones and often you have to listen to the recording track until the inpoint for voiceovers.
Anyone resolved this ?

This is working in AVID, FCP and others - just not premiere. All I need to make it ideal for news and sports.

Sareesh Sudhakaran April 15th, 2010 03:34 AM

can you be more specific?
is the problem there when you play from the timeline? does it exist when you export? is it in your source footage when you import?

Bo Skelmose April 15th, 2010 01:44 PM

I shall try to be more specific : imagine you sit with a headset speaking (doing it as a voice over in premiere) - you make a wrong statement and you will try to redo the last sentense. You put an inpoint and an outpoint for your new speak. Playing towards your inpoint you hear your all your tracks (including your recording track-this is ok). When premiere reaches your new inpoint on the recording track you still hear all the tracks - this would be okay but now you hear the recording track with a signicantly delay that makes it impossible so make your speak when listning to you own voice delayd. If just the recording track would me muted when recording there would be no problem ..

Sareesh Sudhakaran April 16th, 2010 03:39 AM

Why don't you just mute the tracks that you don't want to hear? If your real-time voice is delayed, then it's most definitely a system resource issue. If something on the track is delayed while you are recording over it, then try recording on a different track. I'm still shooting in the dark here because I haven't really got what you are asking for. Sorry.

Bo Skelmose April 16th, 2010 02:49 PM

hmm - if you want to finish a sentense that goes wrong in the middle - you could delete the failed part and prepare a new track and mute it - it is a possibility but when you are editing news you dont have the time to shift tracks all the time and deleting stuff. Why cant the track just be muted while recording. If it is a problem with the capacity of the computer i dont understand as it is a system that Matrox has made for me - and the problem is with all my premiere systems - if so the adobe minnimum specifications for the system just aint enough..

Sareesh Sudhakaran April 17th, 2010 02:01 AM

You can mute any or all tracks while recording.

Bo Skelmose April 17th, 2010 12:27 PM

Where do I mute the track while recording so it is not muted while playing back ?

Sareesh Sudhakaran April 17th, 2010 11:40 PM

there's a mute button for each track and all tracks in the mixing panel

Bo Skelmose April 19th, 2010 01:24 AM

I tried that - but it mutes the track also when playing back. Then I cannot hear whats on the track until recording on the track starts. I need to hear whats on the track as my timeline are nearing the inpoint.

Gregory Gesch April 19th, 2010 05:35 PM

Hi Bo - low tech solution, don't wear the headphones just hold one cup to your ear to hear your cue then move it away (you can still see your levels in the mixer view). Might work for you?

Bo Skelmose April 20th, 2010 02:42 AM

Yes - that was a possibility. Maybe CS5 has an control output to a mechanic arm that can control the headphone cup.
My problem is that different journalist's are used to the other way to work as it work on the proffessionel editing systems like AVID, FCP and Pinacle.

But until they make this little buttom I will try the cup thing.