PR CS5 Community Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 16th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Trustee

PR CS5 Community Help

Thanks to Stephen, these links are very interesting for all that want to get acquainted with PR CS5:

Adobe Premiere Pro Training

Pay special attention to the single click approach to grab a frame, like in CS3:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Export a frame from Source Monitor or Program Monitor

A long awaited feature, bypassing AME.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Major Player

One outa Two ain't bad

Hopefully CHC can be left off with a custom install. Do we really need another app running in the background?

Three cheers for Frame Export...... that's almost as exciting as realtime playback. A function that was sorely missed as Adobe went through their lost years.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #3
New Boot

cs3 user

currently i have cs3. the camera i'm going to buy will be the hmc150. now i know this camera delivers avchd files, which cs3 doea not see natively. im wanting to shoot and edit as quickly as possible. what im wanting to know is, if i purchase ppro cs5 for this purpose, will the software still work with everything else i have in cs3. it may be a dumb question but i dont know and i want to find out before i scrape my pennies together to get only ppro cs5 not the whole collecdtion....
Ricco Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Trustee

No, all your plug-ins need to be upgraded to 64-bit versions and availability may be some time.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #5
New Boot

Harm

Do you know if Adobe allow you to run CS4 and CS5 on different machines - without using both at the same time? As it may take some time for plug-ins to become compatible with CS5 is it possible to still have an active CS4 license on a different machine and do anything that requires those plug ins on that machine?
Then once finished the .avi file can be transferred across to the CS5 machine.

Thanks

Matthew
Matthew Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Trustee

You can have both CS4 and CS5 on the same machine without problems if Adobe continues their old practice. CS3 and CS4 can live happily together on the same machine and there is no reason to assume Adobe did not continue that practice. Of course, you can always install CS4 on another machine, according to the EULA.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite