DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere unable to capture? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/477035-premiere-unable-capture.html)

Terry Lee April 17th, 2010 07:43 PM

Premiere unable to capture?

So I am trying to capture some footage from my HV30. I have successfully done this in the past with no problem however this time it is not giving me the option..

Here is what is happening;
I open Premiere, plug in my camera and turn it to play. Then go to file capture but the capture button is not able to be pressed. Probably something way simple that i'm overlooking.. The only thing I can think that I might have done differently than the last is that I was shooting in 30p instead of 24 and I set it to 24 when I opened a new project... Not sure that makes a difference because I have changed frame rates from 24p to 60i on the same tape before and uploaded just fine.

Thanks for your help!
Terry.

Harm Millaard April 18th, 2010 12:37 AM

The HV30 is not a true 24P camera, it still wraps the 24F in a 60i wrapper. Maybe that is your problem.

Noa Put April 18th, 2010 02:39 AM

Terry, are you sure the camera is being recognised? Not being able to push the capture button usualy means Premiere doesn't see any camera. I would try to capture on another pc just to eliminate the fact that you have damaged your camera firewireport. If that works I would try another camera to capture to be sure it's not a problem with your pc (maybe the firewire port from your pc)

Terry Lee April 18th, 2010 10:15 AM

Hey Noa, the only reason I haven't eliminated that possibility is because I can hit play, fast forward etc and control the camera via premiere..just not able to hit capture. Odd isn't it...?

Adam Gold April 18th, 2010 12:44 PM

When this happens it's usually due to a settings mismatch somewhere. Not saying that's the case here, but you might want to double check all your project and capture settings to make sure they match the cam. It's possible that somehow "DV Capture" got selected and it's looking for a DV cam while yours is putting out HDV...

Ann Bens April 18th, 2010 12:56 PM

One has to make sure the HV30 is set to HDV, a HDV timeline is selected and capture settings in the capture dialog box needs to be HDV.
But first connect the camera to the firewire then switch the camera on (be sure everything is set to HDV before switching the camera on) and then open Premiere.

Terry Lee April 19th, 2010 08:27 AM

I don't know if maybe its just my version or what...but today it just worked. I didn't change a thing.. But then after I captured maybe 40 seconds of footage, dragged it into the source section and croped off maybe a 10 second clip to drag into the timeline a message pops up and says "adobe premeire has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." it closed and I lost it all.. But oddly I noticed that I didn't have a time line..or it said no sequence...It was just a blank spot.

Confused...