DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Introducing Adobe CS5 - pre-order and special offers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/477396-introducing-adobe-cs5-pre-order-special-offers.html)

Gary Bettan April 22nd, 2010 12:01 PM

Introducing Adobe CS5 - pre-order and special offers

Adobe CS5 Production Premium
Use high-performance production tools to create engaging content for virtually any screen

Stay in the creative flow with Adobe CS5 Production Premium as breakthrough performance, integration, and collaborative flexibility sweep aside obstacles in your workflow. Finish your HD projects as quickly as SD thanks to native 64-bit support in Adobe Premiere® Pro, After Effects®, and Photoshop® Extended and the new Mercury Playback Engine in Adobe Premiere Pro. The industry's best tapeless workflow is now even better, with expanded support for new tapeless media including DSLR video formats, giving you access to pristine-quality footage without transcoding or rewrapping.

Work more efficiently when tackling a broad spectrum of video planning, production, and post-production tasks. CS5 Production Premium offers a familiar user interface across components, which work almost seamlessly together thanks to timesaving integration, roundtrip editing, and Adobe Dynamic Link, which eliminates intermediate rendering as you refine assets between Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and other components. With innovative time-saving features throughout components of Production Premium—from the revolutionary new Roto Brush in After Effects to GPU acceleration in Photoshop Extended and Adobe Premiere Pro—you have the tools you need to speed the entire post-production process.

Videoguys Blog - Introducing the NEW Adobe CS 5 Production Premium: The Ultimate Video Product Toolkit

Gary

Steve Kalle April 26th, 2010 12:46 AM

Hi Gary, what is your shipping date for CS5 Production Premium upgrade?

Brian Barkley April 26th, 2010 07:39 AM

I will upgrade from CS4 to CS5 if CS5 does not crash as much .... I am extremely tired and frustrated with Premiere crashing several times a day .... if CS5 does not crash as much, then I am in.

Gary Bettan April 26th, 2010 08:21 AM

We are hoping for first shipments May 1st. Now I'm not sure if that measn first shipments from Adobe to the channel, or that we would have inventory by then.

I think the fact that Premiere is a true 64 bit application will add a level of stability to it.

Gary

Ann Bens April 26th, 2010 09:44 AM

Do you ship overseas?

Randy Johnson April 26th, 2010 01:06 PM

How long do you think the $999 upgrade price will be good for? I need to download the demo and really chew over CS5 to make sure its what im going to use(currently using Edius) also I need to dig up one of my old copies of Premiere 1.0 if I still have them.

Chris Hurd April 26th, 2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Bens (Post 1519674)
Do you ship overseas?

Yes -- VideoGuys will ship overseas.

Jon Shohet April 28th, 2010 09:39 AM

In terms of licensing, is it ok that you purchase a product in the US and register it in another country? does anyone know adobe's official stand on this? thnx

Harm Millaard April 28th, 2010 10:35 AM

Support is only given in the country where the Suite is bought. In my case if I buy in the US, I have to contact Adobe US for paid support, if I buy in the Netherlands I have free support locally. For license and registration there is no problem.

Ann Bens April 28th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shohet (Post 1520670)
In terms of licensing, is it ok that you purchase a product in the US and register it in another country? does anyone know adobe's official stand on this? thnx

My last two upgrades i bought in the USA. No problem with registration and activation. Have never needed any support.

Pete Bauer April 28th, 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Bens (Post 1520736)
My last two upgrades i bought in the USA. No problem with registration and activation. Have never needed any support.

Glad you had no problems. In line with what Harm said, though, your Adobe ID is tied to the country listed and can't be changed:

Adobe ID and membership FAQ

I'm sure they don't do that for no reason. I doubt (but don't know for a fact) that they care where you bought it, but best to register where you will be if and when you need Adobe support in the future.

Jon Shohet May 3rd, 2010 02:18 PM

Let's say I order CS5 from Gary in the US. I activate, and register in Israel, where I live.

The only thing that concerns me about support is if I run into one of those cases where there's a problem with activation. Never had problems before, but I've seen enough cases where forum members here posted about changing hardware or re-installing the OS and suddenly not being able to activate.

Now what? Will I have to contact adobe US by phone? Can activation problems be sorted by mail/web support? Can adobe see that the product's been purchased in one country but registered in another and refuse to offer support at all?

Sorry if these are daft questions.
I honestly don't understand why this whole process has to be so arbitrarily localized ... I can easily download the trial software from adobe's US site. This download can be converted to a full version with a license key. Why can't they sell just the key through an international store by credit card/paypal like almost every other software developer does these days?

thanks again
jon

Harm Millaard May 3rd, 2010 03:04 PM

The reason is that different countries have different support policies, in some countries support in included in the price, like The Netherlands, in other countries it is not, like the US and hence the price differences.

I once bought in the US and registered in The Netherlands and needed support. When I gave my serial number I was told it was a US version and I needed to contact US support, they were not able to help me here, because of the different support policies.

Just be aware of that approach.

Noa Put May 3rd, 2010 03:05 PM

"Why can't they sell just the key through an international store by credit card/paypal like almost every other software developer does these days?"

Adobe doesn't want you to buy directly overseas because that's the reason why they strictly separated their purchasing site for EU or other countries overseas, pricedifferences are really big and buying directly from videoguys f.i., even after added taxes, is still a lot cheaper.

I"m actually also a bit worried about the registration process, since you have to register online or tru phone I wouldn't be surprised that adobe knows exactly from which side of the globe your software comes. Not getting support from them is the least part of my problems as I never understood what that actually means. My cs3 version has given me enough headaches and phonecalls to them never resulted in any solutions.

I wonder if it is really that simple, buy in Europe through videoguys and simply activate and done? If activation doesn't work and they force you to call them for activation and if they refuse to activate, just because you bought in the US, this will leave you with an expensive piece of software that doesn't work.

Noa Put May 3rd, 2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harm Millaard (Post 1522803)
I once bought in the US and registered in The Netherlands and needed support.

Did that work without a problem Harm?