CS5 Release Date?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
Someone saying that their demo is crashing is neither BS nor a diatribe....
Saying it's "essentially a 7gb download of their new splash screen" is, however.

Can we please cut out the snark? Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #17
Major Player

How come the production suite download is 7GB and the Master suite is 4GB?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #18
Wrangler

Now that we are past the snark and diatribe, let's have some useful discussion...

The downloads are in multiple files, so I think that's where some of the confusion arises. If you include the whole Master Collection with all templates, demos, CS4 installer for 32 bit, etc, I think the total is somewhere around 10-12GB. It is just the Master Collection core file by itself that is around 4.4GB, I think. Not at the computer I did the download, so not sure of the exact file sizes.

It appears that my downloads are complete and went ok, but I won't have the opportunity to install until at least this evening.

PS: I wasn't previously aware that Adobe were doing something to allow 32-bit use of PPro and AE in CS5...anyone had a closer look at the CS4 installer situation yet?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
In typical Adobe fashion, trial won´t let you try HDSLR, HDV or basically anything above DV, because the presets are disabled. Way to go, Adobe.
Most of those presets/formats (like AVCHD) would have required they pay for a license. It makes no sense to pay for a license to edit in a *free* trial program. CS3 and 4 were the same way. And Adobe has been pretty open about that fact.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #20
Major Player

Hi

I think the Fast colour corrector seems to work quite as good and fast as my Matrox colour corrector, that is a plugin when you use matrox editing cards - Ok it needs rendering until further but you can see what you do without any delay.

The import of EX files seems not to work. but DVCPro HD files import work. It is difficult to know what is left out in the tryout and what just do not work. I have had stops in playback because of "dropped frames detected" and a few crashes with DV files captured in CS4. All in all I think it is great - that this looks and works like CS4. Hope that I do not have to care about project size anymore. Next longer project I will try to import my HD files instead of converting them to SD before editing. What I still miss is the bottom "mute while recording" on the recording track in the mixer.

Bo
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #21
Major Player

To Robert Young, the original poster,

I received this email from Adobe this morning (which you probably received as well):

"Adobe Creative Suite 5 software is now shipping!

Dear Jeff Anselmo:

Thank you for ordering AdobeŽ Creative SuiteŽ 5 software. Your order is being processed, and your software will be sent to you in a few days. Once your product is on the way, you will receive a "ship" confirmation e-mail that contains your tracking ID.

In the meantime, you don't have to wait to experience CS5. You may download a free trial version of your software at Adobe - Downloads.

Thank you again for your CS5 purchase. We appreciate your business.

The Adobe Store"

I know most of you want to download CS5 asap, but I actually need to wait at least a couple of months to upgrade my i7 system to Windows 7 (and the memory, and the hard drives, etc. etc. :) So I hope early users can sort out any "bugs" or install problems til then.

Best,
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I hadn't even gotten that email yet and I pre-ordered on the 14th.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #23
Major Player

Has anyone upgraded CS4 to CS5? Any problems with plugins? Cineform/Magic Bullet/ etc?
Old April 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #24
Trustee

The transition to 64 bit makes nearly all plug-ins unusable. They have to come out with 64 bit versions for them to work. RedGiant has Colorista and Trapcode ready, MB Looks is in the pipeline and expected this summer. On other plug-ins I have no dates when they will appear, but several others have plug-ins in beta that should not take too long to appear.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
The transition to 64 bit makes nearly all plug-ins unusable. They have to come out with 64 bit versions for them to work. RedGiant has Colorista and Trapcode ready, MB Looks is in the pipeline and expected this summer. On other plug-ins I have no dates when they will appear, but several others have plug-ins in beta that should not take too long to appear.
Yeah I guess so Red Giant Software: Featured - Adobe CS5 Updates and Upgrades

Summer seems ages away but I guess its 2 months or so?
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #26
Trustee

The demo is really disapointing. The whole reason I downloaded it was to check AVCHD performance but the demo doesnt come with the AVCHD CODEC.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM   #27
Trustee

It is clearly stated on the website, that the trial does not include anything MPEG related:

*Adobe Encore CS5 is not available as a trial. Encore CS5 will be installed as part of the trial for Creative Suite 5 Production Premium and Master Collection but will not be available for use until you purchase. The trial versions of After Effects CS5, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, and Soundbooth CS5 do not include some features that depend on software licensed from parties other than Adobe. For example, some codecs for encoding MPEG formats are available only with the full version of these products.

They have this info on the download page instead of in the FAQ section as was the case with CS4, so that is an improvement, but I agree it would be better if the trial had MPEG support, even if it contained watermarks all over.
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:50 AM   #28
Major Player

But still, how can you test performance (biggest problem of Adobe Premiere) when you can't edit HDV/AVCHD? I am not buying until I have put it through the test with HDV/AVCHD footage.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:01 AM   #29
Trustee

Adobe has a 30 day refund policy.
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM   #30
Wrangler

Thanks for patiently answering questions that have already been answered, Harm. C'mon folks, we're trying to keep the signal to noise ratio high...at least read a thread first before posting in it! We also have two ways to search dvinfo: the SEARCH link at the top and the Google search at the bottom of the page.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite