CS5 Release Date?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Trustee

CS5 Release Date??

On my pre-order page on the Adobe site it says that preordered CS5 will be available today, 4/29, but elsewhere I'm seeing "mid May" as the release date. Anyone know the gospel truth?
Thanks
Old April 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Trustee

On the 26-th the Adobe shop mailed me that my order would be delivered in the next 3 - 7 days. I haven't received it today, which would be day 3, so it may take a couple of days more.

I'll let you know when I receive it and in the meantime continue with the latest beta.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Harm.
It's kind of wierd- my preorder has been in for several weeks, and on Adobe "my account"> "orders" it shows as "available 4/29", but there is definitely nothing happening.
I guess it'll ship whenever they ship it.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Robert,

Just to add to your anxiety, but on my pre-order product history order page it does indeed say mid-May:

"Your order will be sent with normal shipping once your CS5 product is available for shipping which should be mid-May."

Best,
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro on Facebook says its available now...... East Coast 12am was the post .....April 30th is the release date.
Ben Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #6
Wrangler

Can't get my download to work yet, but I got the email just before midnight (Central Time) and it does take me to my order number when I log in with my Adobe ID.

EDIT: After dorking around for an hour and a half, the best I can do is get "You have no downloads" in the download queue. Of course, no Adobe support at this hour. Giving up and will try again tomorrow.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #7
Major Player

downloading now!!!!!!

CS5 Production suite trial
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Downloading the upgrade now. Exciting that I may actually be able to handle HD video now. haha
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #9
Major Player

In typical Adobe fashion, trial wonīt let you try HDSLR, HDV or basically anything above DV, because the presets are disabled. Way to go, Adobe.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
In typical Adobe fashion, trial wonīt let you try HDSLR, HDV or basically anything above DV, because the presets are disabled. Way to go, Adobe.

Really? Can't you create your own?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #11
Major Player

No, you canīt. Premiere wonīt let you set editing mode. Itīs limited to DV and DVCPRO. Also, it crashed way too many times for me to even reconsider going back from FCP.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #12
Major Player

I can create some Black magic HD seq. But it cannot import EX files.. It just imports the sound... Now I am not in a hurry to upgrade anyway.
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
Also, it crashed way too many times for me to even reconsider going back from FCP.
The new 64-bit CS5 demo crashed on you??
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #14
Wrangler

My downloads (plural) were available this AM so got 'em started before heading off to work. With luck, will have a full install by this evening to start playing with.

Let's knock off the BS diatribes about the trial versions. Limited features in trials are NOTHING NEW and are due to licensing limitations in some cases, and in other cases perhaps it is a matter of the company not wanting to give away too much in a trial of expensive software -- its their software and their prerogative! Whining won't change anything.

The trials are MUCH more than "just a splash screen" and contain more than enough for most people to decide if they like the software or not -- and if they do buy it and find it doesn't satisfy them, they have 30 days to get a refund. You can gripe about that policy (hopefully elsewhere on the internet, not on DVinfo) but it is an old, tired, and pointless complaint. It is basically a no-risk setup.

And kudos to Adobe for having trials up for CS5 on DAY ONE.

Whether trial or full version, though, let's do hear about legit problems and bugs after you've done your own troubleshooting -- it won't help the rest of us if, for instance you goofed the download or install, your system doesn't meet specs, or you've got a hardware problem like a bad stick of RAM. And when you do think you have a real software problem, also remember to let ADOBE know through their bug reporting system or customer support!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
Let's knock off the BS diatribes about the trial versions. Whining won't change anything.
Someone saying that their demo is crashing is neither BS nor a diatribe.... and "whining" CAN sometiems change things.

I think the Adobe customers on this board have earned a little latitude to vent considering the monies invested in Adobe and the countless difficulties subsequently encountered.

Anyone who is burdening you with their "BS" will be the same people back on this board chipping in with praise, suggestions, and vital information. Given Adobe's customer support format and methods, this board represents one of the only tangible avenues for voicing frustrations and concerns.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite