How to make Premiere CS5 work with GTX 295 and possibly all 200 GPUs - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 24th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #166
Regular Crew

Ozan,

I not running any of our systems with dual monitors, but the only thing I can think of is in the NVIDIA control panel
in the hack where you go to the "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" option and under settings switch it from "Multiple display performance mode" to "Compatibility performance mode", you may want to leave it set for "Multiple display performance mode".

Also in the NVIDIA control panel you may want to check in the Setup Multiple Display, that it is seeing both display monitors.
David Knarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #167
Major Player

Macbook Pro's?!

Has anybody tried the hack on the new Macbook Pro's that have the nVidia 330m?
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #168
New Boot

Works on my hackintosh with GTX 275 1792 MB. Just go to Premiere folder, right click on the app package and click Show Package Contents and then go to Contents folder and over there you'll find the CUDA txt file, edit the file with Smultron to gain permission easily and type GeForce GT 330M or whatever card you have :P . Enjoy.
Maryus Ionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #169
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryus Ionel View Post
..... edit the file with Smultron to gain permission easily and type GeForce GT 330M or whatever card you have :P . Enjoy.
Why does one have to utilize Smultron? Can't the basic text editor do the same job?
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:38 AM   #170
New Boot

Wat is wrong with smultron? Is just a small text editor. With based text editors you'll not have permission when you try to modify the text file and then you'll need to write thousands os cods in terminal to gain access. With smultron when you edit the text and click save the root password window will pop up, super easy.
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #171
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryus Ionel View Post
Wat is wrong with smultron? Is just a small text editor. With based text editors you'll not have permission when you try to modify the text file and then you'll need to write thousands os cods in terminal to gain access. With smultron when you edit the text and click save the root password window will pop up, super easy.
Thanks Maryus.

Just to clarify, I did not state anything was wrong utilizing Smultron; just didn't quite understand why it would be a better choice....which you clarified for me and I appreciate that!!

But what about on the (Bootcamp) Windows 7 side? Would the basic text editor, that is included with Windows, work as well?
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #172
New Boot

In windows just use notepad should work fine :P.
Old July 5th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #173
Regular Crew

made it work with my nvidia 280m mobile gpu.
great hack
Robert Baynosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #174
New Boot

Mac OS X

Just a quick update about the new driver in 10.6.4 + CUDA 3.1. What I am trying to say is that with the new update CS5 works very well.
Attached Thumbnails
How to make Premiere CS5 work with GTX 295 and possibly all 200 GPUs-screen-capture-1.jpg   How to make Premiere CS5 work with GTX 295 and possibly all 200 GPUs-screen-capture-3.jpg  

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #175
New Boot

Thank you to Martin

As a kudos to Martin for sharing such a useful bit of information, this is to confirm another success of his technique on a PC with Nvidia's GTX 260. Works like a charm. Real-time video editing is truly a joy.

Thanks very much, Martin.

Best wishes - Vikram.
Vikram D'Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #176
Regular Crew

Well I just ordered a Palit GTX 460 1gb card which has a nice number of CUDA cores for the price. So when it arrives and I get it installed I will let you know if it works OK - which it should :-)
Paul Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #177
Regular Crew

this hack works on my sager 8690 laptop with the nvidia 280m.
thanks for sharing
Robert Baynosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #178
Regular Crew

Well looks as though I will need to update to driver v 258.96 as this is the only one that I see lists 'support added for GTX 460 added'

Fingers crossed...
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #179
Regular Crew

Ok well from all my initial preliminary testing seems to work like a charm on the 460. I have to say that I thought native avchd from the t2i would be smoother than it is scrubbing - playback is fine up to 3 layers with effects but putting in a 4th layer makes it stutter and skip. This is not the case with other codecs such as hdv or ex1 footage so dunno?

But render speeds are amazing - 34 second 1080p sequence with 3way colour, 3d pip and drop shadow renders to H.264 720p 6-10mbps in only 1:32 verses 12:10 without GPU. Thats insane!
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #180
New Boot

Adobe just release an update that fixed the 3 layers problem :).
Maryus Ionel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite