How to make Premiere CS5 work with GTX 295 and possibly all 200 GPUs - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose View Post
Finally got my GTX 470 and today my CS5. Trying to make it work I try to change cuda_supported_cards.txt but when I try to save it I do not have the permission. I am logged in as an administrator and I have tried to unclick the write protection in the premiere folder and on the file - but no luck - HELP
I think I had that, make sure PP isnt running and you close all the Adobe Processes in task manager.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #77
Major Player

If anyone is having problems I've added a few cards into my text file and attached it. Just save it to the directory below and overwrite your file in there.

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\
Attached Files
File Type: txt cuda_supported_cards.txt (192 Bytes, 1244 views)
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #78
Major Player

Great - Thanks - it works - IT is Fantastic how premiere handel video now - Cant wait to start editing projects in CS5....
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #79
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose View Post
Great - Thanks - it works - IT is Fantastic how premiere handel video now - Cant wait to start editing projects in CS5....
Please let us know the results MPE vs Software as I'm about to purchase a GTX 470 tomorrow and would be keen to know your thoughts.
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #80
Major Player

Dont have much time testing today but 1 hour and 6 minutes DVCPro HD exported to quicktime DV took 12 minuttes with hardware activated and 21 minuttes with "only software" Tried editing with more layers with colourcorrection and other accelerated effects and no accelerated effects - and no lost frames (hardware)
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #81
Major Player

What power supply are you using Bo?
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #82
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
What power supply are you using Bo?
I'll beat Bo on this, I've got Antec Earthwatts 500; I thought it will not be enough but it's running smooth and stable.
A note about noise/heat. the GPU runs at 80c most of the time, and the fan noise doesn't really become audible until 56%, anything below this setting it's quiet.
Ezzat El Halabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #83
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzat El Halabi View Post
I'll beat Bo on this, I've got Antec Earthwatts 500; I thought it will not be enough but it's running smooth and stable.
A note about noise/heat. the GPU runs at 80c most of the time, and the fan noise doesn't really become audible until 56%, anything below this setting it's quiet.
Yeah all the reports say a min of 550w and 38amps on the 12volt line
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #84
Regular Crew

Keep in mind that is the minimum requirement. If you are running a bunch of other devices, multiple HDs or optical drives, they all draw power. I personally went with a 900watt power supply to be safe.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #85
Trustee

550W PSU is sufficient if you do not install hard disks, DVD/BR burner and use only one stick of memory and do not overclock your system, do not use USB ports, etc., and do not plan to use it longer than one year.

If that is not the case do not consider anything below 750 W.

Look here, and calculate with a 100% load and 30% capacitor aging, then add around 15% to the estimated wattage: eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #86
Regular Crew

I am in the process of building a new dual boot box (Mac + Windows) -w- a GTX 285 and I went with a 1200 watt BFG power supply.
Bill Sepaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #87
Major Player

I have an 1000 watt corsair with mountable power cables. I made it a kind of standard in my computers as I often put a lot of cards, fans and harddrives in it too. Dont want to go down on the power side as it is not expensive. Again Thanks Adobe.....
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #88
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Guitar View Post
As long as you have enough video memory your 200 cards should all be as good as a 285.
Martin, I can confirm at least the GTX280 rocks and rolls with this hack. Just playing with the CS5 trial version and I'm sold!
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #89
New Boot

Hackintosh

It works on my hackintosh with GTX 275 1792 MB ram. I did the same way windows users did.
Maryus Ionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #90
Tourist

perfectly working with my good old GTX260 (192sp, 896MB memory). i was even able to flawlessly edit xdcam video in fullhd on dual core cpu. had to upgrade to quad anyways. damned AVCHD...
OT: is anyone else having trouble playing same AVCHD clip in two layers above, top resized to be smaller? it works fine if its two different clips, if the same clips are in the same position, but once you move the so they are not in sync, it wont play more than few frames, cpu load is not reaching 100% by far. hope its just a bug
Petr Bartak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite