Content Aware at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:28 AM   #1
Major Player
Content Aware

How cool would it be to have a feature like content aware for PR/AE? Yes it would be very CPU intentsive but probably worth it.

I saw this before CS5 was release but dont think its a feature inside AE?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex
Only in Photoshop. Pete talks about it in his article here, 4th paragraph from the bottom:

A First Look At Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 at

Search DV Info Net | DV Info Net Sponsors | A Decade of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:10 PM   #3
AE's RotoBrush won't automatically fill in the background like Content Aware, but if you can create a layer with a background to fill in anything removed by RotoBrush and parenting that layer to the Rotobrushed layer, you should often be able to get similar results.
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew
I'm just happy Roto brush actually works... and works surprisingly well. I mean I have to say out of all the new features in CS5 AE, this one's the best. Rotoscoping was one task (and I'm sure a lot of people would agree) that was just big pain chewing up lots of time not to mention possible exposure to carpal tunnel syndrome and thrombosis. I couldnt believe that I was able to finish a scene that normally would have taken me something like 2-5 hours down to a mere 15 minutes.
James Park is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite