DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere CS5 Time Warp - is it gone or not? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/478809-premiere-cs5-time-warp-gone-not.html)

Daniel Raebiger May 16th, 2010 04:30 PM

Premiere CS5 Time Warp - is it gone or not?

Hey Guys,

just stumbled upon this post in the adobe forums:
Adobe Forums: CS5: Where is Time Warp ?

yet the adobe online documentation for premiere CS5 still lists the effect:
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Time Warp effect

can anyone confirm if its missing or not?

Thanks.

Eric Addison May 16th, 2010 04:49 PM

I believe it's gone from CS5...I think that someone has notified Adobe that the info in the online docs is wrong.

Daniel Raebiger May 16th, 2010 05:25 PM

uh that really sucks :/ is there a replacement? i own twixtor but time warp is ok in 80% of the situations and MUCH faster...

Ann Bens May 17th, 2010 02:50 PM

Yup, gone and so are these:
-GPU Page Curl
-GPU Refraction
-GPU Ripple
-Color match
i do not think they will be greatly missed.

Vanja Marin May 17th, 2010 03:17 PM

I think it's in AFTER EFFECTS only NOW

As far as I went forward with my research through new CS5 bundle - most of those effects (and Time Warp for sure) is now very easily editable from AFTER EFFECTS, through DYNAMIC LINK, it's like you never left PPRO!!!!

Or maybe it just seems so to me:(

Bo Skelmose May 17th, 2010 03:24 PM

Hope it will come in the next update - I do not have after effects - only older versions and I do not know how to use it....

Bryan Gilchrist May 20th, 2010 09:55 PM

Sucks to hear that it's gone. I hate having to jump from one program to another to do something...that's one of the main reasons as to why I am selling my FCS2 system. :(

Lloyd Coleman May 20th, 2010 10:41 PM

I don't miss it because I didn't even know it was there! I have been using the Time Remapping feature. How is it different from Time Warp.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Daniel Raebiger May 21st, 2010 05:54 AM

While Time Remapping remaps the time, Time Warp did what time remapping in after effect does: it calculates motion vectors and not just blends frames. you can slow 25p/30p footage down to 10-20% with time warp and get good results while time remapping gives you ugly blended frames.

Todd Clark May 21st, 2010 09:42 AM

You can probably copy and paste the "Time Warp" filter from AE plug ins folder to the Premiere plug ins folder. It works with all the CC effects.

Daniel Raebiger May 21st, 2010 12:02 PM

that does not work :(

Daniel Raebiger October 19th, 2012 05:57 AM

Re: Premiere CS5 Time Warp - is it gone or not?

as i am moving on to premiere cs6 now i still have this issue: no time warp filter in premiere.

is this filter included in cs6 or is it still gone? is there an alternative (besides using dynamic link) from a third party perhaps?

thanks!

Ann Bens October 19th, 2012 07:55 AM

No gone forever.

Kevin Monahan October 24th, 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Addison (Post 1527671)
I think that someone has notified Adobe that the info in the online docs is wrong.

This is a thread from 2010.
These effects are now gone from documentation.

Dave Partington October 25th, 2012 03:22 AM

The big question is why was it taken out? And can we have it back? ;) It was useful!