Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 24th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #16
Inner Circle

But how did you export from Premiere? Or are they raw files from the cam? There's a LOT to it, otherwise you would be getting the results you want.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #17
Major Player

Used the AME with 1440 x 1080 mpg settings.
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Here's the window I get when exporting to AME. Can you post yours?

Also, what happens if you just try "Export to Encore" from Premiere? I've had much better luck doing that than in going out via AME.
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help-ame1.jpg  
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #19
Major Player

I cant post mine, but is that really the problem?

Encore sees the files as 1440 by 1080, so thats no problem and the files can also be imported into premiere pro and are visable as HD files...

The real question is if its normal for Encore to show the timelines as SD even for Blu Ray projects??
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #20
Inner Circle

No, it's not normal.

Can't know if that's the problem until we see it, obviously.... As we can't sit at your PC and fiddle around with it, we can only go on the info you provide, which so far isn't very much, without screen grabs. Wish I could help more. Sounds like a very frustrating problem and would like to help you get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: Stupid question, but you are using Blu-Ray discs in a Blu-Ray burner, yes?
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #21
Major Player

I can't post screenshots right now, but I'll try later on if you think that will help...

Any suggestions or anything? I could try importing a different HD format and see if that makes a difference I guess?

Basically the timeline right now, in Encore, appears as standard resolution and when you try to build it "transcodes for DVD"

Yes I am using Blu Ray Discs
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Blu-Ray discs in a blu-Ray burner?

Clearly something got downconverted somewhere along the line. Yes, obviously I think posting screen grabs would help or else I wouldn't have asked for them like sixteen times. And yes, try my suggestion above: Import the clips into Premiere, put them on the timeline, and choose File > Export > Export to Encore and make sure you select Blu-Ray settings. Tell us what happens.

Everything I can think of is above. I'm out of ideas until we get the info we need. Maybe someone more expert at Premiere than I can weigh in. But I've had countless flawless BD burns straight from the Premiere timeline in CS3 this way, using the method described above.

Could everything be perfect as you say, yet still delivering unacceptable results? Sure. Could it be a bug in Encore? Sure. Is it more likely you've overlooked some getting somewhere? Almost certainly, because that's almost always what it is.

But again, unless you post the info we need and try the suggestions we've made and tell us the results, I'm stumped. If it's transcoding for DVD it's becasue you told it to, somewhere.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #23
Major Player

Ok, I'll work on getting more infor and screenshots, just can't do it right now.

I really appreciate the input too!!!!!!!!

Your the man!!!!!!!!

I'll fiddle with it more probably tomorrow,
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Inner Circle

On the "Build" tab in the project Window, you have selected Blu-Ray as format and Blu-Ray disc as output, yes?
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #25
Major Player

yes I did that
Silas Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite