Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Major Player

Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help

In the timelines it shows the project as standard resolution even tho I set the resolution of the mpg2 files as 1440 x 1080.

Project setting is Blu Ray.

It comes out as a standard resolution blu ray, HELP please!!!!????
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

And you're sure you shot in HD, captured without downconverting into an HD Premiere project created using an HD Premiere preset, and are exporting to Blu-Ray as selected in the box that pops up after you select "Export to Encore..."?

I only ask because you said you "set the resolution" of your files to HD, which makes me think you are dealing with SD files and/or an SD project that Premiere thinks you are trying to "upconvert," which of course won't make SD into HD.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Major Player

No, everything was captured as 1440 x 1080i mpeg files from Z1.

Thats whats weird, everything shows at hd but the timeline just shows it as standard!!!

Help!!!
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Inner Circle

If the timeline in Premiere is showing your footage as SD, it sounds like you might have set up an SD project. Or are you talking about the Encore timeline?

Can you post a screen grab of your Project Settings?
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Major Player

encore timeline, even with the blu ray settings at 1440 x 1080

will it burn in hd still??
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Check your Premiere timeline before you do the export. If your Encore timeline is showing SD, somewhere the footage got downconverted during transcode, and if that's the case it won't be HD.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Major Player

No,
on the file info on Encore it shows it as mpeg files that are 1440 by 1080.... its totally an encore timeline issue
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #8
Inner Circle

A screen grab of your project settings in both Premiere and Encore would really help. Can't help you if we can't see your settings.

I'm just a little confused as you say "In the timelines it shows the project as standard resolution" and then "on the file info on Encore it shows it as mpeg files that are 1440 by 1080", which would seem to contradict each other. If any part of either project says SD anywhere, that's the best you're going to get.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Major Player

There is nothing to see in Premiere,

In Encore I have these settings:

Project = Blu Ray 1440 x 1080, mpeg settings

All the files information says the right thing, just in the timeline at 100% it does not fill up the entire monitor as a HD file should. Maybe it will burn correctly but I though I should be able to see it in the timeline, no?
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Inner Circle

If it doesn't fill the screen, then it got downconverted to SD somewhere along the line. You will not get HD from it. Again, please show your Premiere project settings box. Otherwise I'm sorry, I can't help as I have no idea what you did in Premiere to cause this (and that's my hunch as to where the problem is).

Did you have any issues capturing from the Z1 at any point that you had to work around?
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Major Player

Inside Encore it says the files are 1440 by 1080, so its encore that has a issue displaying it as HD in the timeline.

I do not have the premiere setup anymore so I cant show that. But I know that premiere is not the problem.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Wish I could help more, but I just don't have enough info. Please let us know what the solution is if you get it figured out.

Ideally we could help more if you still had the Premiere Project (which I still think is the probelm, but of course I could be wrong), and could see the screens below:
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help-projset1.jpg   Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help-projset2.jpg  

Old May 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #13
Major Player

The files show up as HD in premiere timeline if that means anything -- its just in Encore they show up as SD

I am telling you too, I captured HDV and I know how to do that, its completely an Encore thing.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Wish I could help more. It would also help to know exactly how you are getting the files from Premiere into Encore, the steps you are taking and the selections you are making. Something's not right but no way to know without a lot more info.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #15
Major Player

I imported the files into Encore Cs3

Created HD menu

Dropped Files into buttons which created timelines

theres not much to it
Silas Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite