Anybody using a Powermate with PPro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 21st, 2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Anybody using a Powermate with PPro?

I think one of these would be sweet for a shuttle controller: Griffin Technology PowerMate USB. I may go ahead and get one, since the price seems reasonable.
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

They are pretty cool looking. I almost bought one. But decided instead to purchase a Shuttle Pro 2. Lot's more functionality for about $50 more.

But if you're looking for just a shuttle control this should do the trick. I talked to someone who had one of these and he loves it.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

All I can say is I don't know the premiere hot keys for shuttle forward. I bet they are somewhere, but I haven't come across them in my daily editing

Who knows (and I highly doubt) that FCP's keystrokes will work for premiere?

If you know the strokes then go for it, I have a feeling your going to have to setup your keyboard's refresh rate a bit to comphensate for shuttle commands.
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:53 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Ward
But decided instead to purchase a Shuttle Pro 2.
How do you like it, Sheila? It looks like a more productive tool, and yet I seem to develop a mental block trying to visualize how I'd set up the programmable buttons...
Doug Boze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 04:02 AM   #5
Wrangler

Remember with PP you can assign your own keys for certain functions. OF the top of my head you can find the shortcut keys in the edit menu or in the help file.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:46 AM   #6
Major Player

I have a Shuttle Pro 2.0 and i love it!

The one i bought were not shipped with drivers for PPro 1.5 and can therefore not be used with PPro 1.5. You have to download driver version 2.0.2 from Contour Shuttle Design

Premier Pro shortcuts can be found in two PDF's here:
http://www.siliconbaymedia.com/permi...a-vert-pg1.pdf
http://www.siliconbaymedia.com/permi...a-vert-pg2.pdf

If you have customized your own, use this wonderful program to show your personal keyboard shortcuts:
Premiere Pro Keyboard Viewer

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:03 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Boze
How do you like it, Sheila? It looks like a more productive tool, and yet I seem to develop a mental block trying to visualize how I'd set up the programmable buttons...
I love it! The default setup for the buttons works great for me. Not sure if you use a PC or Mac, but if you look at page 13 of the PC user guide, you will get a good diagram of how the buttons are setup out of the box. Here's the link:

http://63.111.59.172/downloads/shutt...usersguide.pdf

I have mine setup to the left of the keyboard and my mouse on the right. I keep my left hand on the Shuttle Pro and right on the mouse and I can do a lot of stuff without even touching the keyboard. If it died today I would definitely get another one.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:42 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Shuttle Express

For the same $50 you can buy the Contour Shuttle Express which is quite a bit more functional than Griffin Shuttle knob. I absolutely love mine. It has quite a few less buttons than the shuttle pro but is still a great tool. As far as using it for PP, I have no idea whether or not the drivers are available.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM   #9
Major Player

Going with the ShuttlePro 2

Based on the comments I've read, I went ahead and ordered a ShuttlePRO v.2. Thanks, everyone.
Doug Boze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:56 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Boze
Based on the comments I've read, I went ahead and ordered a ShuttlePRO v.2.
I am sure you gonna like it! One of the great features is that you can have more than one application settings for Premiere Pro.

I have three settings for Premiere Pro. Two for editing and one for the Trim Window. This way i can have 45 keyboard shortcuts tied to the Shuttle Pro 2.0 to use instead of its default 15 that you have when you use "only" one application setting. Plus the jog and shuttle of course.

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:52 PM   #11
Regular Crew

http://www.videoguys.com/EZkeys.html

DV Keyboard with Jog/Shuttle Controller - Hybrid for Mac & PC Now only $99.95!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite